Who are the greatest athletes in the World?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

What are the greatest athletes in the world?

Soccer players
14%
Basketball players
3%
American Football players
3%
Runners
5%
Cyclists
5%
Swimmers
19%
Wrestlers
8%
Other, please share
43%

Total votes: 37

Endy
Rabbit

Re: Who are the greatest athletes in the World?

#46 Postby Endy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 am

I'm Your Man wrote:I voted CYCLISTS. It's a hard decision. I was surprised there's no votes for runners... to be able to run a 42k marathon you need to get in shape! But Triathlon athletes, even more fit, in the general aspect of it, because it's 3 different disciplines, more full body workout. Also wrestlers (all martial artists) because there's virtually no limit to how fit you need to be for thoses kind of sports when you want to push yourself to the maximum... but it's like that for all sports... so technically ALL athletes can virtually be the greatest athletes in the world because to push yourself to the maximum and be the champion you need to give all you have. But I voted cyclists because to make the Tour de France, each day is comparable to a 42k ruuning marathon, but Tour de France athletes need to perform this exploit everyday for weeks! Is there such kind of competitions in other sports?

Imagine not just doing that with the Tour de France, but also the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a España in one year.

veganmomma
Gorilla

#47 Postby veganmomma » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Endy wrote:Imagine not just doing that with the Tour de France, but also the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a España in one year.
Imagine posting the same thing 4 times in a row on the same thread. :?

Imagine trying to pick up Super Heavy Weight Wrestler and throwing him around like a bag of rice. :lol:

Endy
Rabbit

#48 Postby Endy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:59 am

veganmomma wrote:
Endy wrote:Imagine not just doing that with the Tour de France, but also the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a España in one year.
Imagine posting the same thing 4 times in a row on the same thread. :?

Imagine trying to pick up Super Heavy Weight Wrestler and throwing him around like a bag of rice. :lol:

Hahahahahaha. My bad.

boisei
Finch

Re:

#49 Postby boisei » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:03 pm

VeganEssentials wrote:Oh yeah, ultramarathon runners get a vote for me, too - I can't imagine what it is like when you've been running for something like 15-20 hours straight, are completely delirious, and still have what it takes to keep on going. That stuff is sheer madness.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

veganmomma
Gorilla

Re: Re:

#50 Postby veganmomma » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

boisei wrote:
VeganEssentials wrote:Oh yeah, ultramarathon runners get a vote for me, too - I can't imagine what it is like when you've been running for something like 15-20 hours straight, are completely delirious, and still have what it takes to keep on going. That stuff is sheer madness.

That's what I'm talkin' about!
That's insane! :shock:

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”