Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: (NEW PROGRESS 6/17 pg2) gettin lean 66 Days since last shots
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:12 am 
Gorilla

Dude, that's cool, what juices do you drink?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-dlHOmwk4 Protein Myth by Tim VanOrden, I think lot of you saw this, but who don't watch it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:18 am 
Elephant

ChaserHUN wrote:
Dude, that's cool, what juices do you drink?

Click on the link in his signature it goes directly to his juice feast blog telling all the ingredients

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:09 pm 
Rabbit

WOW! great job, you look amazing! i liked the short hair better though. i'm a hair stylist, can't help but notice. keep up the good work and you will look like your old self in no time :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 am 
Elephant

Thanks VeganGirl! I loved how you capitalized the word awesome, that put an AWESOME smile on my face :D

BohdiDave85, jealous of me...... HUH? Have you looked in the mirror lately? So you realize how much bodyfat you've lost? Alot more than I have. I'm playing catch up right now and just trying to keep up with you my friend! You look phenomenal in your after pictures. Didn't even come close to settling in with your first streak of weight losing and went right into another big weight loss period RIGHT ON BRO! ; Ahhhh that's ok, we all go awol here and there, I suppose, right? I don't think you went awol, per say, more of like mia :D

Hey Johan, that is great news! The fact that a cool dude such as yourself, halfway around the world from me, is recommending me as an example for someone looking to try a specific regimen (juice feasting) towards a healthier body, really makes my day. I am honored, that is so cool 8)

Phillipeb, really, shouted? I shouted out laughing after I read that! It truly feels wonderful that you see me as a source of inspiration and to hear your kind words and your friends reaction. Photoshopped huh? lol, that's a first! I wonder if that is dooable anyhow, haha. You're support rocks and it really made me happy to read what you wrote.

Chaserhun, I never saw that video before but after seeing it now, I dunno, it is interesting but sir, I love my protein and I get no less than 200 grams a day right now. That's just how I do and I love it that way. As I diet down more, that number will lessen as I will want less calories overall but for now, it suits me. As for the juices, yep take a look at my sig for the blog; in case someone is reading this after the feast is over and it's gone from my sig, here's the link ( My 46 day juice feast. Thank you so much for the positive reinforcement concerning what i'm doing to improve me body from the inside as well as the outside. Reminds me of this poster I had in my room of this nasty model with her organs on the outside all tarred up and it said "what if your outsides looked like your insides, would you still smoke"? Replace smoke with nasty ass processed omni junk crap and take it from there!

Aura, thank you for the compliment thrown my way on progress made, feels great to hear it! I cannot wait to finish the transformation into my former slf and then some. I may have looked good before on stage but i was an omni, now I will be giving off that raw vegan 'Aura' :D
Shorter hair huh? You going off the pic from page one I suppose from the comp as it's the only pic of me with short hair. Even with all that horrible blond oxidized orangish hair, it looks better, huh? kay :D I love my long hair though, I couldn't bear to see myself any other way. There are a good amount of people that tell me they liked when my hair was short better as well but I love my hair too much. It just feels like me to me.

Once again, Thank you thank you thank you all.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:41 pm 
Elephant

Fantastic progress! I was telling my trainer about you today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:27 am 
Rabbit

well, don't let anyone tell you to cut your hair! if you love it, keep it. you look good with long hair as well :wink: i'm sure you will have a wonderfull "Aura" about you since going raw :) look forward to new progress pics.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 pm 
Manatee

Niiiiicce....you got cut....and gained muscle I can tell thats really amazing in a short period of time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:52 pm 
Elephant

Thanks DV! Always feels really good to hear your words of encouragement. You were talking about me, really? What of if you don't mind me asking, how i've progressed this year? Interesting......

Aura, I have been for for a bit now (about 2 years give or take) but this is the first extended period of feasting and consuming only liquids. I hope it does give me that 'aura' :D Yeh long hair is here to stay on me. Ever since I saw 'Untamed Heart' and Christian Bale with shoulder length hair when I was like 14, I thought long hair was incredibly good looking on a man; I loved his look. Around the age of 20, I started to keep longer hair.

EmmyBear, thanks so much! Nice to hear the word 'cut'. I have a bit of a ways to go before i'd consider myself that but it feels really good to hear you say i'm on my way to a more sculpted body and that i've gained muscle too :)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:10 am 
Elephant

We were just talking about diet and bodybuilders in general, especially since I've recently been reading a couple of old classic 80's books/articles when some bodybuilders used to eat around 60% carbs whil bulking and cutting. I brought up the fact that I know of a really nice raw bodybuilding who is currently cutting (nicely) on a juice diet and has put on mass as a raw foodist. My trainer is a real sweetheart but this was just way too over his head.

Keep it up. You are looking tremendous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:40 am 
Elephant

Im a bit late on here but dude - looking great!

You are an inspiration :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 am 
Elephant

I noticed on the juice feast that not only I recover faster and better (or in other words, need less recovery), and soreness last less than 1/2 day, but also and especially that implies that improvements are bigger each time. For instance, I was doing 20 pull-ups max, the day after or later that same day I was able to do 22, and then 25, and then 26, now 30. And samething with push-ups. 50 max, the day after I do 55 and then 60. I never experienced such quick and amazing improvements.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:22 am 
Mastodon

I'm Your Man wrote:
I noticed on the juice feast that not only I recover faster and better (or in other words, need less recovery), and soreness last less than 1/2 day, but also and especially that implies that improvements are bigger each time. For instance, I was doing 20 pull-ups max, the day after or later that same day I was able to do 22, and then 25, and then 26, now 30. And samething with push-ups. 50 max, the day after I do 55 and then 60. I never experienced such quick and amazing improvements.

You lost 10 pounds, less bodyweight to pull up.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
I'm Your Man wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing Zack

Dan, thank you much! I am glad that you feel I can inspire others. I still have a bit to go but i'm well on my way. Something just told me to stop whining about bf and do something about it. I did something that week and of course, i've been training hard all along :D . I really appreciate your feedback my friend....

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 am 
Elephant

No worries mate, you always come across as being really positive & thats a great thing to be around.

Keep on training buddy!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:09 am 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
I'm Your Man wrote:

ahah that makes sense. If I had free weights perhaps I could tell better if I'm doing real progress. Funny thing is that I wanted to lose weight especially to be lighter- so faster - on my bike, but I never even thought about the difference it would make in bodyweight lifting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next