Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Losing definition and loving it -Latest update June 28, 2008
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:45 am 
Stegosaurus

Hey Superman where's your cape?
Did Super Girl hide it from you again ?

"Oh EB EB that's cold that's cold "

Looking thicker Rob keep it up :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 am 
Site Admin

robert wrote:
Starting to thicken up.....but still skinny. At least I'm working hard again, so I'm pleased about that and success or "results" should follow as long as I can stay focused and keep after it consistently.

Photo from Jan 25, 2009

I just shaved my face and the rest of my body other than legs, but they are nearly hairless right now anyway...so I'll take more pics without the messy face! :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 pm 
Rabbit

Nice man keep it up! You're Forearm and it's vein is are huge!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 pm 
Elephant

Excellent!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Call me "Creed" cause I've got "Arms Wide Open"

8.5 weeks away from competition.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Bulked up and then cut up and you can even see a bit of my Cheeks :) April 11, 2009 image

Post subject: Re: Losing definition and then cutting up - check out page 1 :)
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 am 
Stegosaurus

Agh that's DIsgusting ! ;)

I wanna see your face when you say that. lol

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:03 am 
Gorilla

You're looking good mate, keeping nice and full while getting leaner. That's the key to doing well on stage. I think training heavy and focusing on diet and cardio for fat loss will maintain all the size you have. Keep it up mate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:17 am 
Elephant

I think it's AWESOME that you are bulking enough to lose definition. That is the only way one can properly get ridiculously big. Losing fat is a no brainer, but eating huge amounts every day is full time work.

Lose all the definition you want and lift super heavy. That's the only way to greatness! :boxer:

Who cares about sixpack if you can deadlift 500 lbs? ;) (that is my goal and when I achieve it I'll print a t-shirt with that text!)

BTW, Robert's rear double biceps pose is world class! Still shocks me every time I see it!

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

Post subject: Re: Losing definition and then cutting up - check out page 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Everyone!

I'm back into bodybuilding with more enthusiasm than I have had in the past 10 years. :)

Truth be told, over my 10 years in bodybuilding, I don't think there was an entire 12 month period where I have trained consistently. I injured my back in my first year of bodybuilding and re-injured it many more times over the next few years in dramatic fashion to the point that I stopped doing deadlifts and squats for the past 7 years. I also simply lost interest and found other things to enjoy and took lots of breaks from training and bodybuilding in general. I worked on cruise ships, wrote books, filmed documentaries, worked and traveled and bodybuilding became less of a passion and much lower on my list of top interests. Losing interest combined with constantly suffering from very painful and limiting injuries made it very easy for me to choose not to train to pursue other things while still running my websites and writing about vegan bodybuilding.

Sometime in August, 2010 after an entire year off from training to write books and travel, I decided to make a comeback to bodybuilding and to find passion in it again, to be safe and injury-free, to work hard and be focused and give it another run. This time around, 10 years after bodybuilding first captured my interest, I would give a mighty whack at a comeback.

I honestly don't know if it was turning 30 and wanting to prove I'm still an athlete; or getting so skinny from a year long break that I was lighter than I was 10 years ago, going under 170 pounds for the first time since I was a teenager; or wanting to represent my book and Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness more appropriately, or simply hanging out with Ryan Wilson and realizing I was half his size and deciding right then and there to return to bodybuilding; or something else that got me back into it.

Whatever it was....I'm happy to be back. And I really mean that. I've been training for 5 months and have been injury-free the entire time and I don't think I have missed more than 3 days in any given week over nearly half a year. I'm back and consistent and smiling a lot. I also have exciting news to report. I have made a slow and careful return to free weight barbell squats and deadlifts! I started out with simply bodyweight squats and then used the bar, then a few 10s on the side. This is over the course of many weeks. My first time squatting with a bar and weights in half a decade was a month ago when I peaked at 135lbs, even though I can still legpress 800lbs. I had to start all over with squats, have trainers watch my form as use little weights. Last night I squatted 195 pounds and I think I'm up to 155 on deadlifts, far short of the 350 pounds I used to do with each exercise when I first got into the sport. But happier than ever!

I'm stretching more than ever before in my life, spending time doing heat treatments on my muscles and supplementing like crazy. Even while writing this I just took a break to eat an entire package of tofu, 2 small avocados and prepare a drink with Vega Sport Protein, BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine. I'm putting in more hours into the sport of bodybuilding than arguably ever before, aside from contest preparation time doing 2-3 workouts a day.

I'm having a lot of fun again and I really want this to continue...to give myself a long consecutive streak of training with lots of enthusiasm and see where it takes me. :)

Getting back into the bodybuilding spirit and documenting my progress, I have been taking photos all along the way.

I'm all smiles and having so much fun these days, wanting to be in the gym or training all the time! Let's keep this going....heading to the gym within an hour! Pumped!

A few recent pics to show some progress:

And of course, having a great time pursuing personal interests, but also dedicated to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Success to help inspire others to go vegan and save animals. A sample pic to show how skinny I got.

An improved arm after return to the sport:

Thanks for sticking with me through all my ups and downs, injuries, times I lost interest, etc. I plan to be back for a while. Bring on the free weights and whole foods! Free weights only these days and eating a ton of great food too!

-Robert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:01 am 
Site Admin

Your time-management is extraordinary son, glad you are enjoying yourself with it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:51 am 
Elephant

I enjoyed your post Robert, hope you stick at it for a good while and compete again.

Your squat/dead approach is the right one. Massive jumps in weight will just get you injured again. What kinda depth you squatting at?

Keep at it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 am 
Elephant

Hey Robert! Great hearing about your progress. I knew when you visited Orlando, FL 2 months ago that you were clearly excited about your workouts, and progress at the gym. Stay focused on your goals, and anything can happen!

Looking forward to seeing how big you are by the time the vegan cruise comes around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7