Getting back into training as a Vegetarian

Guest SportyDog

Hey all,

Well I haven't really trained seriously for about a year. I've been busy with work and all for years and have gotten really out of shape. I know I can get it back and I'm planning on going for a more lean look this time, less bulk and better health all around.

I've got my Before pics taken but I'm a bit reluctant to post them until I've made some definate progress.

I decided to go vegetarian about 4 weeks ago, my weight then was 253.

My current Stats are 6'1 246, I'm going to get back to training here this week. With my new lifestyle of eating I'm really curious how training is going to go.

Anyway, these are my old images a couple years ago, I was about 225 here. Obviously I've lost muscle and gotten fat so you can imagine my hesitation in posting my before shots, but I'm thinking I'll be proud of them when I can put them up next to my After shots.

This is where I want to get back to , but leaner

http://www.glamdog.com/honeymoon/images/honeymoon03.jpg

http://www.hometown.aol.com/visiontilt/beachcancun.jpg

Thanks everyone. I was about 11% BF in those pics, so still lots of cutting to do there even. I'm thinking I want to eventually crack 10% Idealy hit 8% maybe 205lbs. I'm up in the high 20's now so a LONG LONG way to go. I'm still getting the diet down. Learning about new food and all. I really love it. I'm hoping to cook my first seitan steak this week and have found the pre-made Tofu section at Whole Foods and fell in love with it. BBQ Tofu rocks. I haven't been to the gym the last 4 weeks of my diet, so now I'm ready to get started eating healthy veggie, not just veggie. I work all this weekend so Monday is the day.

I haven't been really dieting vegetarian, just eating all I want vegetarian for the last few weeks. Starting next week I'm moving closer to Vegan (I will get there) and I'm starting my eating journal and workout journal and starting the diet portion of my vegetarian eating, so gonna cut back on the bread and french fries!

I'm excited! I'll have some new pics soon!