Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EvilJukka's Progress Topic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:09 am 
Great progress, man! Your hard work is certainly paying off! Obvious improvements in teh 'ceps, shoulders and especially lats. Keep at it! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 am 
Rabbit

Aww, man, now i'm more inspired again.. :D

Today i decided to add one new thing to my every workout. I'm going to do one super-slow-motion rep after every single set for every single muscle group. I've done it with my shoulders and i think the results should be there, so i'm going to do the same thing for every muscle from here on. :)

What i mean is, when a set is done, i'll force myself to do one more rep reeeeeaaaaaally slow, at least 6 seconds to get up, hold it up for 3 or so seconds and at least 12 seconds to go back down again. It always kills my shoulders, as i do it after every set, and i do four sets for my shoulders. :) It feels really good after all four.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 am 
Elephant

I'm not sure how you've been training untill now but you know that at the end of a set you're not supposed to be able to lift the weight again, right?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 am 
Elephant

Now that's what I call progress! Great gains, especially in shoulders! 8) Good job! Now you can really see the changes easily!

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:25 am 
Rabbit

Yes johan, that's the way i've been training, but i've been training my shoulders with free weights, and i haven't been able to train as well as i'd like with heavier weights, so after 12 reps i've done that one special rep to boost it up. Now i'm going to start doing it with every muscle group, and i'll do it right after i get the feeling that "this is going to be the last rep", you know? It's very hard to explain with words. :D But trust me when i say, i'm busting my ass in the gym with every set these days. :)

EDIT: And thank you tuc! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:31 pm 
Srsly, I don't think that that last, super-slow rep will do you much good. If you put enough effort into lifting as heavy as you can on every single set, it's all that it takes for a beginner/intermediate lifter (provided that other things, such as nutrition, are being taken care of, of course). Clever extra-tricks may be OK once you're really advanced and need a wee boost to your routine, but for now - not much point doing that. However, if you REALLY feel it's working, by all means, keep doing what you're doing! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:51 pm 
Rabbit

Definitely nice and quick progress! :D
If I compare you to all the other guys in usual BB-forums who started at a similar base, I'm convinced once more that veganism is in no way a less suficient diet for building muscle 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:59 pm 
Rabbit

I definitely feel that the slow-mo-trick has done wonders with my shoulders so i'll at least try it with everything and see how it feels after my workouts. If it sucks, i won't do it, but if it feels as good as it does with my shoulders, i'll add it to my routine. Just for the boost. I really need a boost. Plus it feels awesome. :wink:

Oh man, thanks so much Devil's Plaything. :) I really want to be a good example of a vegan """"bodybuilder"""" who really gets bigger, especially because of my crappy genes that make it very difficult to begin with. :D

EDIT: Another pic. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
File comment: Sorry, i had to. :D
bicep.jpg
bicep.jpg [ 79.88 KiB | Viewed 1293 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:36 pm 
Elephant

Very nice clean bulk. I'm a hardgainer too, and I kind of see it as a blessing. I can eat whatever I want, and it's easy for me to burn fat for the summer.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:12 am 
Gorilla

I like the size of your forearm. I wish mine were a little more responsive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:10 am 
Elephant

Looking good! You're staying lean and you've definitely grown.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 am 
Rabbit

Thanks Marcina. :)

LocalBrada, i do train my forearms pretty hard as well, almost grinding my teeth at the end of every set, but i think my wrists are too skinny for any bigger forearm muscles. :D

And thank you sosso. :) This thing is really feeling good. I hope i'll be much heavier in Spring. :popcorn:

Oh, and by the way, i tried that slow-mo rep yesterday, and it was my chest/shoulder/abs/back day, and it really felt awesome with every single set i did. My chest is really sore now, and i LOVE it. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:24 am 
Rabbit

Hmm, not so good news coming up. I went back down to 63,3 kg (139 lbs). An ugly breakup doesn't do good things to a man's appetite and hours of sleep (read: not able to eat properly and sleeping less than four hours every night).

But damn it, i'm going to get there.

Note: I didn't feel any loss of strength yesterday when training, but i got tired and dizzy on the treadmill RIGHT away.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:16 am 
Elephant

Girls suck but not always in the right way, huh? :wink: JK
Me and my GF broke up for like 6 months or so (got back together later on), emotinally that was the shittiest time of my life but training wise I kicked it soooo good. The gym is a great way to get over someone etc etc

Joey C wrote:
Some kids had Morrissey, I had gold's gym

gotta get huge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:20 am 
Gorilla

Hey, E.J., you are looking really great! Love that last pic :)..

About the breakup, I'm so sorry; but, take this time to take out that pain, anger or whatever on those weights :twisted: I was in the best shape in my life after I broke off a serious relationship :lol: Damn...I think I need to get in and out of another one just to get hot again :lol:

Just know you'll get through this. The only way to get to the other side IS to go through it.

For sleep, you can try forcing yourself to stay awake (maybe for 24 hours or so) So stay awake past the time you finally do get sleepy and just continue your day. That'll make you really tired and sleepy, but that's the idea.
Then decide on what time is best for you to sleep, and go to bed then. You'll sleep like a rock, I promise. That should get you back on track, even if you oversleep a bit, you'll still be tired the next day around the same time you decided to go to bed. Hope that makes sense :)

Good luck. And keep up your health. Don't let anyone ever keep you from taking care of yourself, Ever!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next