my progress - first shots after 3 months

i started weight lifting and eating hard on september, so here are the first shots after 3 months of bulking (end of november '08)- weight increased to 72kg. some more muscles now (pics taken 30min after workout)

Edited by giorgos

...and now the embarrassing stuff..apart from the muscles i'm an owner of belly now

it so weird for me because i never had a belly. i feel like pregnant sometimes! and i can't my abs almost at all...

generally i was eating around 2800-3000cals a day (around 400-500 more than my needs - based on bmr calculators). maybe is it too much? (i'm tracking the last week exactly what i'm eating so i'm gonna post an average of the week with the percentage of carbs/prot/fat. also i've ordered a digital fat caliper - when it arrives i'm gonna post my bf% too.)

do you think i should start cutting off now to lower the body fat & loose the belly? or have some cut off days every week? should i change something to my workout or add some cardio if i cut off? i'm really very confused on how to continue, and would like your opinion. see my intro for my workout details: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15716

thanks

Edited by giorgos

I think you look great but is it possible that is just bloat from a lot of fiber? Or possibly too many simple carbs like sugar, processed foods, flours, etc., or even too many white potatoes, pasta, etc.? That stuff will belly me up quick-like

Also, overeating can cause that. As well, too much in one sitting (which is not necessarily the same as overeating/excessive calories)

Do you have digestive issues? A probiotic can help. A good food source can be something like sauerkraut.

Keep low or better, eliminating, your salt intake can also help.

You're doing great; continued success!

thanks guys. for sure my waist has gotten bigger but i can live with this a couple of months more. maybe you're right that the carbs bloat me up (i always feel bloated after eating) but i can't avoid them since almost all of the things i eat have higher carbs than proteins. so trying to increase protein intake, carbs are increased too. i'll try to look for a probiotic like you suggested, anyway, i just measured my bf% today and the fat caliper gives an average of 12.4%. i think i'll continue eating and bulking some months more before cutting off. at what bf% do you usually stop bulking? i don't want to make my life too hard when this time comes

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...