Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just joined but forgot to post progress :S
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:05 am 
Finch

Some quick and dodgy webcam photos taken yesterday as my most recent progress. Really need to get a new camera so i can actually stand up and not have to click a damn mouse button to take a seated photo haha

http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... er%202008/

My goals at this stage are to build 1RM strength in the compound exercises such as Bench, Squat, Dips and Military Press, and to drop another 4% bodyfat or so.

Last edited by fenrir on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Just joined but forgot to post progress :S
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Hell yeah, looking like Bale

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:21 am 
Very impressive, mate! I think you've got one of the best physiques on here! Yet I'm even more impressed by your strenght - way to beat the old "legends" on the VF Strenght Table. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 am 
Rabbit

xzebrasx wrote:
Yet I'm even more impressed by your strenght - way to beat the old "legends" on the VF Strenght Table. :)

WTF?

Solid lifts for sure, but he's in 21st place...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 am 
el_flaco wrote:
xzebrasx wrote:
Yet I'm even more impressed by your strenght - way to beat the old "legends" on the VF Strenght Table. :)

WTF?

Solid lifts for sure, but he's in 21st place...

Ah, sorry, confused him with the guy in 2nd place. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 am 
Rabbit

Very nice proportions mate :D Keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 am 
Elephant

OP is SWOL! Keep up the good work man. What's your routine? Nutrition?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 pm 
Elephant

Woah dude. Killer. Nice upper chest. :D

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 am 
Finch

Wow appreciate the great feedback guys!

@Richard "looking like Bale" is definitely the best compliment ever haha, i love Christian Bale...except for the fact he is still not vegan after all these years as a veggo?

@Fallen_Horse, my routine is just a 4-5 day split with chest/back on day 1, legs day 2, day 3 traps and shoulders, and day 4 arms. I rarely do isolated exercises, only the big compound exercises like Bench, weighted dips, squats, pullups, barbell rows, deads, and heavy shrugs etc. Nutitrion wise i cook for myself so pretty basic and i stick to what tastes good haha. Lots of chickpea/lentil/tempeh meals, protein pancakes with goji berries and apple sauce, spagetti bol with TVP, the occasional veggie burgers packed with spinach, veggie dogs, and of course oatmeal!

@Spug i just updated my lifts so should be #17 now. My legs are letting me down still, given you guys have almost 100kg on me just for deadlift! Expect a 155kg bench later this week though ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 am 
Rabbit

fenrir wrote:
@Spug i just updated my lifts so should be #17 now. My legs are letting me down still, given you guys have almost 100kg on me just for deadlift! Expect a 155kg bench later this week though ;)

Yeah I saw that man. Big progress, I suspect your squat and deadlift will come up pretty quickly.

We are neck and neck on bench, I failed a 155kg last week when the spotter touched the bar when I thought it was in the bag (was a slow grinder though admittedly).

I'll keep an eye out for the bench results (should I assume that silence = failure, or will you update us either way? :wink: )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 am 
Gorilla

Hey, you look great! (what is "SWOL"??)

I don't like when people tell me I look like some celeb, but I'm gonna add my 2-cents and say you resemble Matthew McConaughey :) in all the good ways.
Sadly, Bale isn't even vegetarian. He's eaten animals and animal products for his movies. :(

You may like to try whole buckwheat (groats) too; it's very high in protein. Why do bodybuilders eat so much oatmeal? Is it a weight gainer or just a filling/satisfying food?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 pm 
Elephant

That is just awesome. I already complimented you in VF for pushing loads of iron and now I'm doing it again since you look so good. Hells yeah!

I gotta get more info of how you train. Seems to be working really well!

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:20 am 
Gorilla

Looking great! what's your weight/ height? where's your lifting info at?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:19 am 
Finch

I was just thinking that as well, what the hell does "SWOL" mean lol.

@Flaco/Spug yep man you will definitely hear from me the second i get 155kg up :) If i am silent for the next week assume that A. I tried without a spotter and am still pinned under the weight, or B. I just plain failed haha Haven't heard from Hannibal for a while on there so maybe his 160kg won't happen before the end of the month? Nice 220kg squat btw....very very impressive weight.

@Raven thanks for the feedback! You sure Bale is not veggo? From all the sources i have read over the years he was vegetarian since the age of 6 or 9 and has remained that way ever since. Several magazines have falsified this info claiming he ate meat/fish to build up for Batman begins, but they admitted this was based on assumption and due to poor research on their behalf. I eat oatmeal because i am lazy and i can make if before work in about 3 mins and drizzle agave nectar over the top and done :)

@Tuc. Really appreciate the feedback man, i'm loving that strength table concept on veganfitness and finding it's a great motivator for constantly attempting new personal bests. Just checked out your progress thread and you've definitely packed on plenty of size yourself over the course of the year and looking great! You must be ready to nail that 225lbs bench by now? My training is nothing special..just compound exercises over a 4 days split with muscle groups broken up across these 4 days. I have found though my bench is much more solid since doing heaps of heavy weighted dips and incorporating military press and barbell shrugs into the split.

@Couture, i am 6"1 and 201lbs at the moment, and my lifting info is on the veganfitness.net 2008 strength table....um #17 on the list i think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 am 
Rabbit

fenrir wrote:
@Flaco/Spug yep man you will definitely hear from me the second i get 155kg up :) If i am silent for the next week assume that A. I tried without a spotter and am still pinned under the weight, or B. I just plain failed haha Haven't heard from Hannibal for a while on there so maybe his 160kg won't happen before the end of the month? Nice 220kg squat btw....very very impressive weight.

Nailed the 155kg earlier today - might tempt you into a 157.5kg attempt perhaps? :wink:

Aye not had an update from Hannibal. A 160kg from him would end any hopes I had of giving him a scare during my Australia visit.

It's been a long time coming on the squat - that's JP's max as well so nice to nail it (would be sweeter if he was still in action though).