Vegaholics Progress (starting Dec 21st)

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vegaholic
Finch

Vegaholics Progress (starting Dec 21st)

#1 Postby vegaholic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to this site, but have been a vegan for almost a year now! I came across you guys while trying to convince my father that you can be a bodybuilder and a vegan. We came to an agreement that I would do his workout schedule if he would go vegan. It has been about a week since I began my training, and I think it's the start to a much healthier vegan lifestyle.

About myself, I'm a 20 year old college student studying art. I'm only 5'5 and have always been on the slightly pudgy side, always staying in the tire area (stomach and love handles.) I have found that a healthy vegan diet does not equal weight loss so I am finally making the move towards the body I've always wanted.

I have a lot of respect for you guys and the lives you life, and I hope to meet some cool people in this process!

Here are the first images I've taken. I have been on the workout routine for just about a week now. I am not worried about too much about muscle gain now, I am mostly interested in losing the last of my meat-eating flab, and just gaining some definition to what I already have.

My schedule includes lots of planks (I love em!) followed by core strengthening, weight lifting, and stair stepping. I lift and train every other day, and try to get 45-1 hr of stair stepping every day.

Here goes nothin! :psycho:

Side note, I just lifted and haven't showered yet so I look uber grungy :smt108
Attachments
3.JPG
Un-flexed frontal
3.JPG (56.67 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
2.JPG
Apparently either I dont know how to flex my back, or I have no muscles there yet!
2.JPG (50.36 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
1.JPG
flexed front
1.JPG (50.05 KiB) Viewed 4969 times

HCPinGviini
Gorilla

Re: Vegaholics Progress (starting Dec 21st)

#2 Postby HCPinGviini » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Welcome, sculpture in progress. ;) I hope you'll get rid of your love handles as love doesn't need any handles. :)

Get yourself a blog and start posting the results your getting!

zinzen
Gorilla

#3 Postby zinzen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Welcome, great thing with your dad.
I really hope both of you guys stick it out

We gotta learn to see the beauty in each moment of life
Everyone has different pasts and we're seeking the light
The world is divided between peasants and kings
But the truth is everyone is looking for the same thing

vivalasvegans
Elephant

#4 Postby vivalasvegans » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:45 am

Yeah, wow! That's really cool about you and your dad! Good luck with everything, and welcome! You'll find lots of support here. :)
Radical simply means "grasping things at the root." - Angela Davis

vegaholic
Finch

#5 Postby vegaholic » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:30 pm

So I must have put this up just in time... Today my dad informed me that he doesn't know if he can continue being vegan for the whole month (I'm back from school for winter.) His reasoning involved not feeling "satiated" by the types of foods he is eating, causing him to eat more junk foods to fill the perceived void. He thinks that I don't notice this issue because my void is filled by the good feeling I get from knowing I am not harming animals for food. Kind of a sad turn in my journey, but nonetheless, it gives me more cause to get built and show him what a vegan body can accomplish!

HCPinGviini
Gorilla

#6 Postby HCPinGviini » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Maybe your father should give you some examples to write here down so that we could check out, what he should eat more to feel more satisfied?

Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus

#7 Postby Vegan Joe » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I realize Boulder is a lttle far away, but my daughter lives not far (non-vegan), but says there are lot of vegan restaurants and shops in boulder. Maybe get some fake sandwich meat, tofurkey, sausage, etc. Bring it home and. Buritos with beans and rice, and avacadoes, and toffutti sourcream?
You should also explain to him that he is reacting to condition responses. his old eating habits come along with physiological responses, that he need to overcome/overlook.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

vegaholic
Finch

#8 Postby vegaholic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:00 am

Yeah, I've given him all the best fulfilling foods, Field Roast meats and Amy's burritos are about as accessible as vegan foods get. Not to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty good vegan cook, I've gotten many comments from non-vegans that my food is delicious, I just think he needs to give it some more time to adjust. Jumping from Onmi to Veg in a day is tough.

vegaholic
Finch

#9 Postby vegaholic » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Hey all,
I'm back for my nearly one month update. I have lost about 3-5 lbs, depending if I'm on an empty stomach or not (lol!)
Anyways, I'm having a great time working out, it really has been a blast. Surprisingly I have noticed some results already, and am nearly able to make out my abs for the first time in my life.
Attachments
back2.jpg
back2.jpg (66.02 KiB) Viewed 4349 times
Upperfront.jpg
Upperfront.jpg (71.85 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
whole front.jpg
whole front.jpg (205.29 KiB) Viewed 4342 times

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#10 Postby I'm Your Man » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:56 pm

You've already lost a decent amount of bodyfat, that's great :) Keep it up!
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”