My progress

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

My progress

#1 Postby Pofi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm

These pics are from November the 8th 2008. As you can see there is a lot of work to do.

My biggest problem is gaining weight...or more precise muscle mass. At the time of the pictures I stand at 74,6kg and body fat of 8%.

That will be all for now...I will write some more in the introduction section...
Attachments
pict9589a.jpg
pict9589a.jpg (115.4 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
pict9592.jpg
pict9592.jpg (157.17 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
pict9595.jpg
pict9595.jpg (144.55 KiB) Viewed 5435 times

User avatar
Fallen_Horse
Elephant
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: My progress

#2 Postby Fallen_Horse » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Eat MOAR! :D
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#3 Postby Pofi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:26 am

Fallen_Horse wrote:Eat MOAR! :D


More then I eat now? At the moment I'm eating between 2800-3400 calories a day. That is already more than the program I use calculated for my stats. But if someone is interested I can post some things about the amount or stuff I eat when I get home.

Besides that I always was a heavy eater so everybody wondered where I put that stuff...

CollegeB
Elephant
Posts: 2783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Re: My progress

#4 Postby CollegeB » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 am

Do some bicycling but stay away from cardio.

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#5 Postby Pofi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:08 pm

CollegeB wrote:Do some bicycling but stay away from cardio.


Thanks...I did some bicycling during winter time if the weather allowed..and it seems that it is getting better...so more possibilities to use the bike...

User avatar
RAINRA
Elephant
Posts: 1049
Age: 38
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: MARYLAND
Contact:

Re: My progress

#6 Postby RAINRA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 am

yeah post what your eating please I am sure we can help with your progress. :-) and get you on the right track

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#7 Postby Pofi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 am

RAINRA wrote:yeah post what your eating please I am sure we can help with your progress. :-) and get you on the right track


OK...I'll get to that when I get home...

Just one question: Should I post that in this thread or open one in "Online Training Journals & Blogs" ?

User avatar
Lean and Green
Elephant
Posts: 2300
Age: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am
Location: Portland (SouthEast), OR
Contact:

Re: My progress

#8 Postby Lean and Green » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:16 am

Pofi wrote:
Fallen_Horse wrote:Eat MOAR! :D


More then I eat now? At the moment I'm eating between 2800-3400 calories a day. That is already more than the program I use calculated for my stats. But if someone is interested I can post some things about the amount or stuff I eat when I get home.

Besides that I always was a heavy eater so everybody wondered where I put that stuff...



I ate 6000+ calories a day for 5 weeks this year to get my lbm up where it should be. YES throw those darn calcs out the window and go with yuor individual body. You wanna grow? make sure you're nowhere near a deficit ever. Everyone's diff, and for a person resistance training and looking to grow that is below the average imo. Not even taking into account someone who may have a faster metabolism.

;)
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#9 Postby Pofi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:29 am

Lean and Green wrote:I ate 6000+ calories a day for 5 weeks this year to get my lbm up where it should be. YES throw those darn calcs out the window and go with yuor individual body. You wanna grow? make sure you're nowhere near a deficit ever. Everyone's diff, and for a person resistance training and looking to grow that is below the average imo. Not even taking into account someone who may have a faster metabolism.
;)


That's what I guessed from reading on this forum and the net so far. And that is the reason why I initially added 20% onto the recommended calory intake. I've reduced that to an extra of 10% at the moment but most of the time I'm over that limit...just listening if my body wants something extra.

And I licensed that program mainly to get a feeling of what I eat and have some guidelines while finding the right balance of nutrients (mostly protein, fat and carbohydrates). I'll try to open a new thread under "Online Training Journals & Blogs" later, to write something about my food intake at the moment and the workout.

User avatar
Fallen_Horse
Elephant
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: My progress

#10 Postby Fallen_Horse » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 am

Try to hit 20% of your cals from protein. Are you doing that? That would be 150g of protein on a 3000Cal diet...
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#11 Postby Pofi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Fallen_Horse wrote:Try to hit 20% of your cals from protein. Are you doing that? That would be 150g of protein on a 3000Cal diet...

Not yet. My intake is increasing with a top at about 120g so far...but it is dropping down to 70g on some days as well...

As the excercise log takes a little longer here is a sample of what I eat per day:

Breakfast(Total: 850kcal, 24.60g protein, 78.09g carbohydrates, 48.57g fat)
White button mushrooms(460g), Avocados(259g), Carrots(201g), Cucumber(453g), Bananas(388g), Black pepper(3g), Green tea(1 liter)

2. Breakfast(Total: 818kcal, 10.40g protein, 173.76g carbohydrates, 3.94g fat)
Bananas(258g), Mango(279g), Tomatoes(232g), Kiwi(267g), dried dates(117g), water(1 liter)

Lunch(Total: 343kcal, 15.07g protein, 61.32g carbohydrates, 3.37g fat)
Salad of:
Bellpepper(20g), butterhead lettuce(50g), Tomatoes(150g), Onions(10g), sweet corn(60g), kidney beans(80g), marinated red cabbage(200g)

weight specifications for lunch are just estimates...as I had no scale to measure...

Afternoon(Total: 884kcal, 7.93g protein, 202.36g carbohydrates, 1.61g fat)
Bananas(517g), water(0.5 liter), dried dates(194g)

Dinner(Total: 887kcal, 50.98g protein, 92.32g carbohydrates, 35.11g fat)
kidney beans(530g), almonds(60g)


Grand total: 3782.5kcal, 108.99g protein(11.8%), 607.84g carbohydrates(65.9%), 92.61g fat(22.3%)

Pofi
Rabbit
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#12 Postby Pofi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:01 pm

Took the time to take some progress measurements as well.

Weight was up to 76.6kg(+2kg) and body fat at 7%.

Measurements showed a slight increase in the arms, shoulders and legs. Don't know if it shows in the pictures...
Attachments
pict0806.jpg
pict0806.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
pict0803.jpg
pict0803.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
pict0800.jpg
pict0800.jpg (94 KiB) Viewed 5171 times

GodOfWar
Rabbit
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: My progress

#13 Postby GodOfWar » Wed May 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Pofi wrote:
Breakfast(Total: 850kcal, 24.60g protein, 78.09g carbohydrates, 48.57g fat)
White button mushrooms(460g), Avocados(259g), Carrots(201g), Cucumber(453g), Bananas(388g), Black pepper(3g), Green tea(1 liter)

2. Breakfast(Total: 818kcal, 10.40g protein, 173.76g carbohydrates, 3.94g fat)
Bananas(258g), Mango(279g), Tomatoes(232g), Kiwi(267g), dried dates(117g), water(1 liter)

Lunch(Total: 343kcal, 15.07g protein, 61.32g carbohydrates, 3.37g fat)
Salad of:
Bellpepper(20g), butterhead lettuce(50g), Tomatoes(150g), Onions(10g), sweet corn(60g), kidney beans(80g), marinated red cabbage(200g)

weight specifications for lunch are just estimates...as I had no scale to measure...

Afternoon(Total: 884kcal, 7.93g protein, 202.36g carbohydrates, 1.61g fat)
Bananas(517g), water(0.5 liter), dried dates(194g)

Dinner(Total: 887kcal, 50.98g protein, 92.32g carbohydrates, 35.11g fat)
kidney beans(530g), almonds(60g)


Grand total: 3782.5kcal, 108.99g protein(11.8%), 607.84g carbohydrates(65.9%), 92.61g fat(22.3%)

Hey, where are the nuts? The only nuts I see are almonds... Eat your nuts and you get your calories!!! :D

xzebrasx

Re: My progress

#14 Postby xzebrasx » Thu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Only 11,8% of calories from protein? I get 215g of protein on a 2500kcal diet. Just swap the grains for lentils, beans (including whole soybeans) and peas. Swap most of the fruit for veggies (especially broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale and other greens). Add a fair amount of nuts and seeds, some TVP and you're good to go.

User avatar
Lean and Green
Elephant
Posts: 2300
Age: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am
Location: Portland (SouthEast), OR
Contact:

Re: My progress

#15 Postby Lean and Green » Thu May 21, 2009 11:08 pm

First and foremost great job; i def see an increase in size. You look good. I hope you acheive all youy goals.

xzebrasx wrote:Only 11,8% of calories from protein? I get 215g of protein on a 2500kcal diet. Just swap the grains for lentils, beans (including whole soybeans) and peas. Swap most of the fruit for veggies (especially broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale and other greens). Add a fair amount of nuts and seeds, some TVP and you're good to go.


Major increase in lbm, i would agree with xzebrasx... I get even more calories from protein at certain times when I really want to gain as much as possible. Upwards of 325+ grams of protein per day on a 4000 calorie diet or something like that.

____

Each person is an individual. No matter how precise a calculator is only a suggested direction and not even necessarily founded. You have to keep increasing your intake until you are consuming a good amount more than you are burning to provide adequate fuel stores and food for growth. If you don't do that, it won't happen.

You are doing this to some small extent as you have improvements but you can definitely kick it up a notch.

Take me and robert for instance. Robert can eat until he is blue in the face all day long and he'll gain gradually and needs to sometimes in order to gain. Then you have me, I can eat moderately and gain aggressively and eat too much and gain sloppily. Our bodies are different.

keep up the good work pofi ;)
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame


Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests