Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My progress
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 am 
Stegosaurus

How tall are you, by the way?

Looking good, I definitely noticed some size difference in the second set of pictures. Keep up the good work. :)

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:15 am 
Rabbit

Odidnetne wrote:
Looking good, I definitely noticed some size difference in the second set of pictures. Keep up the good work. :)

I agree! My first thought about the first image of your second set was "the back looks fuller".

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:02 pm 
Rabbit

nice progress man! :) i think someones already mentioned it but definately add nuts and other high-cal foods if youre trying to get in more cals. :) im naturally a stringy girl but i really wanted to bulk up a couple of years ago to improve my climbing, and i started just carrying around a big bag of almonds, cashews, and dried fruit everywhere i went. :lol:

im a huge fan of seitan for protein, by the way. cook up some whole wheat pasta, sautee some veggies and seitan, and mix it all up with olive oil and oregano and chunky tomato sauce...yum. :)

can't wait to see your next set of progress pix!

--Andy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:19 am 
Rabbit

Odidnetne wrote:
How tall are you, by the way?

Just 1.98m or about 6'6'' :D

andyclimbs wrote:
nice progress man! :) i think someones already mentioned it but definately add nuts and other high-cal foods if youre trying to get in more cals. :) im naturally a stringy girl but i really wanted to bulk up a couple of years ago to improve my climbing, and i started just carrying around a big bag of almonds, cashews, and dried fruit everywhere i went. :lol:

Yes...I try to increase my intake of high-cal foods. And especially almonds are great. I also try not rely too much on calories from fats but that doesn't mean that I'm not eating 200g of almonds in one go if my body tells me to. ;)

So far my calorie intake has increased from around 2800 to around 3600. And my protein intake increased from around 80-90g per kg to around 110-120g per kg.

andyclimbs wrote:
im a huge fan of seitan for protein, by the way. cook up some whole wheat pasta, sautee some veggies and seitan, and mix it all up with olive oil and oregano and chunky tomato sauce...yum. :)

I haven't tried seitan yet and while I still cooked I could eat a pot of pasta no problem. But as I try to stay with raw food at the moment I go with bananas, olives, almonds, nuts, sultanas, dried figs, dried dates,...

The people at the office always wonder how I can eat that much when they see the stack of food I bring to the office or when I tell them how many calories I eat daily. :wink:

andyclimbs wrote:
can't wait to see your next set of progress pix!

Lets see. I did weigh myself again today and I'm up to 78kg and 9% body fat. That's about 3kg plus in about 2 months. Maybe I find the time to snap some progress pics too.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:08 pm 
Rabbit

OK...had time for some measurements and photos.

Weight was up to 78kg(+1.4kg) and body fat at 9%. The other measurements showed a slight increase in the chest, arms and neck. Legs were undecided. While the upper leg showed a slight increase, the lower leg showed a slight decrease. But those differences could also be measurement errors.

The photos do not express the changes that are taking place, since the beginning of that training. Not only are the muscles getting stronger and feel denser than before. But there is also a different awareness of muscle movements and strength in daily activities.

Attachment:
File comment: Frontal view
pict0831.jpg
pict0831.jpg [ 75.36 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Back view
pict0822.jpg
pict0822.jpg [ 66.95 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Arm and back closer
pict0825a.jpg
pict0825a.jpg [ 37.19 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]