Embarrased, but proud...

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

j4779
Rabbit

Embarrased, but proud...

#1 Postby j4779 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:28 pm

First of all, I'm nowhere near my goal. That being said, here are 2 progress photos that start at a month and a half worth of exercising including weight training and cardio, and the beginning of a high protein/low carb diet. Each pic was taken exactly a month after the one before it, so I'm at 3.5 months since I began. I just used the "Paint" program that came with the computer to put them all together.

I actually began this 2 years ago, but I have really bad seasonal depression and just fall apart during winters. So, I am moving south this year so that I can keep up this pace and not have all of my hard work come undone for the 3rd year in a row. I know; t.m.i.

Anyway, I've been a vegan for about 4 years now and I was a vegetarian for years before that. My diet mostly consists of a small meals that I make using Morningstar Chicken Strips, brown rice, corn, ketchup, spicy brown mustard and taco sauce all together (it's really good- I literally eat the same thing EVERYDAY), 2 Notdogs, vegan cereal, and soy protein shakes (each one is a meal, not eaten all at once). I drink a cup of water with every meal and for every cup of water, I drink another cup right after and I eat 4-6 small meals a day. I lift weights 5 times a week and use creatine. I just started using l-glutimine and N.O. Explode 2 days ago.

I feel that I'm doing pretty good with the weight loss, but I have hit a plateau with building and maintaining muscle, so I'm trying l-glutimine. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.
Attachments
MeSideComparison06-30-09 1.jpg
MeSideComparison06-30-09 1.jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
MeFrontComparison06-30-09 2.jpg
MeFrontComparison06-30-09 2.jpg (68.73 KiB) Viewed 6075 times

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

Re: Embarrased, but proud...

#2 Postby lobsteriffic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 pm

That's great progress so far!! Good work!

j4779
Rabbit

#3 Postby j4779 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm

lobsteriffic wrote:That's great progress so far!! Good work!

Thank you! I'm also really trying to work on my abs- I've been trying to do 150 crunches as soon as I wake up and right before bed, at least every other day (along with the ab exercises that I do with my regular workouts). And I'm hoping to be up to 500 each set by my next pics in a month. That, along with my continued body fat-loss should result in some pretty decent pics.

xveganjoshx
Elephant

#4 Postby xveganjoshx » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Man that's awesome!

Now just time to add some muscle! :twisted:
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#5 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Great work! You can see a LOT of progress, so you've got a lot to be proud of.
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

j4779
Rabbit

#6 Postby j4779 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone :D . I am actually working really hard on building muscle- I must have the body type that has the most difficulty building muscle. I have, however seen some good gains in strength since I started. I think I've just hit that "wall" and need to try some new techniques to shock my body.

One other thing that I'm happy about is that I couldn't do more than 1 chin-up and zero pull-ups six weeks ago, but now I can do at least 9 pull-ups and even more chin-ups. So, I know that I'm making progress and the more body fat that I burn off, the more the muscles will show- it just seems like I have to work harder than others at it. And that's fine because I love doing it!

chewybaws
Elephant

#7 Postby chewybaws » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:39 am

You're doing great man, keep it up!

sosso
Elephant

#8 Postby sosso » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:12 am

WOW! Fantastic work. Your face looks so much different too. Good move with the haircut :P

Ken
Rabbit

#9 Postby Ken » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:16 am

Nice results so far!

If we extrapolate what we've seen a few months into the future, you'll be ripped and have a shaved head.

j4779
Rabbit

#10 Postby j4779 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Ken wrote:Nice results so far!

If we extrapolate what we've seen a few months into the future, you'll be ripped and have a shaved head.

Hahaha! Yeah, I don't know about the shaved head part- I don't feel that I could pull that off. I want to agree with the ripped part, though!

My hair was long in the 1st pic because I always grow it out a little in the winters and that pic was taken right at the end of the cold season around here. But since I'll be moving south this year, I won't be growing it out anymore.

joshsocks
Rabbit

#11 Postby joshsocks » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am

damn man, you should be proud..look at your new jaw!

..just make sure you get plenty of veggies in your diet too!

apple
Rabbit

#12 Postby apple » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 am

Wow!! You look great! Look at least 10 years younger in your after picture...I bet you feel 10 years younger, too! Great work, man, that's impressive progress.

J-Roc
Rabbit

#13 Postby J-Roc » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Great progress dude!

As far as hitting a plateau regarding maintaining/building muscle... you need to up your calories then. L-glutamine won't do it for you. Energy in, energy out bro! You aren't gaining because you don't have a surplus of calories. Try upping 400 a day and see how that works for ya.

j4779
Rabbit

#14 Postby j4779 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 pm

J-Roc wrote:Great progress dude!

As far as hitting a plateau regarding maintaining/building muscle... you need to up your calories then. L-glutamine won't do it for you. Energy in, energy out bro! You aren't gaining because you don't have a surplus of calories. Try upping 400 a day and see how that works for ya.

Thanks for the advice! I am worried, though, that if I try to up my calorie intake, I'll put on unwanted weight because I'm still trying to burn off some fat. Do you think I need more protein or just calories? And as far as the l-glutamine, I only take it for the anti-catabolism properties.

xCx
Manatee

#15 Postby xCx » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 am

You did really good man! :)
Just as iron rusts from disuse, even so does inaction spoil the intellect.

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”