Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Embarrased, but proud...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:47 am 
Gorilla

You look so different in your first and your last posts. And that haircut looks good on you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm 
Rabbit

HCPinGviini wrote:
You look so different in your first and your last posts. And that haircut looks good on you. :)

Yeah, I don't know if it's the haircut, the weight loss and muscle gain or all three, but I'm like a completely different person! I shaved my chest a few weeks before the 3rd pic, as well. I did that to be able to see results a little better.

So if I can make such a visible transformation in only 3 months, anyone should be able to. And if exercising and eating right isn't providing the same results for someone, try getting a hair cut and shaving your chest, too :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am 
Rabbit

VeganEssentials wrote:
Great work! You can see a LOT of progress, so you've got a lot to be proud of.

I too am very impressed by these photos!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 pm 
Elephant

HCPinGviini wrote:

I was going to say exactly the same thing! Haircut = way better than before.

I think it's really wonderful to see huge results in just a few weeks! I can just wonder how your friends will react when they see you if they haven't seen you for a while! Well, that is if they even recognise you! :lachmal:

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm 
Rabbit

tuc wrote:
HCPinGviini wrote:

I was going to say exactly the same thing! Haircut = way better than before.

I think it's really wonderful to see huge results in just a few weeks! I can just wonder how your friends will react when they see you if they haven't seen you for a while! Well, that is if they even recognise you! :lachmal:

As a matter of fact, I am sort of keeping myself "hidden" until I look the way I want. That way, when I do see people that I haven't seen since I started this, it will be that much more of a shock. I'm guessing that I should be pretty close to my goal in 2-3 more months; assuming I continue to see results at the same rate as the past 3 months.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:50 pm 
Elephant

AMAZING HAIR PROGRESS. THE SHORTER THE BETTER. The new haircut makes you look a lot thinner too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:40 pm 
Rabbit

Jeez, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that the only real progress that I've made is getting a hair cut, judging from all of the comments :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:09 pm 
Elephant

j4779 wrote:
Jeez, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that the only real progress that I've made is getting a hair cut, judging from all of the comments :cry:

Well, you also lost 1 x chin and 1 x beer keg from your belly. It's just that your hair style is so much better than before that it makes as large difference in the way you look people want to comment it as well.

It's very uncommon to get such huge amount of comments on progress pics so quickly after the first post. Believe me, people think your progress is fantastic!

edit: My 1000th post here! :mrgreen:

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:18 pm 
Rabbit

Oh, I was joking about all of the hair comments- though I do appreciate them, as well. I appreciate all of the feedback from everyone! Everyone seems so friendly and supportive on this site, it really is a cool place for vegans. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 pm 
Manatee

Bro, I just replied to your other post. Don't be discouraged. I think you probably are closer to being on it than you realize. You may just need to change a few things. So far you have made some really good progress. It took me years to get ready for my first bodybuilding contest. The important thing for me was I got there, and continue to get there. I did a lot of trial and error, and failed a lot. I just kept at it. You will make your goals too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Rabbit

DCNINJA wrote:
Bro, I just replied to your other post. Don't be discouraged. I think you probably are closer to being on it than you realize. You may just need to change a few things. So far you have made some really good progress. It took me years to get ready for my first bodybuilding contest. The important thing for me was I got there, and continue to get there. I did a lot of trial and error, and failed a lot. I just kept at it. You will make your goals too.

Thanks, DC Ninja. I really was joking about the comments being more about my hair than my progress- I'm not upset at all. In fact, I welcome the extra comments on the hair because it tells me that I'm doing something right, and I cut it myself, so I was afraid that it may have looked funny :lol: .

I really have been neglecting my legs and back until now, so I'm going to make sure that I do squats and dead lifts (among other exercises) regularly from now on. From what I've been reading, those and other compound exercises should help get me out of my plateau and add some mass while increasing the weight that I can lift.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:34 pm 
Elephant

I think people like your haircut cause it gives you a cleaner look. I like the way you have transformed physically!! Big gains and only bigger gains to come! Keep it up man.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:41 am 
Rabbit

I usually just take pics at the end of each month, but I felt like I looked pretty good this morning. This 1st pic is just me flexing my arm and the 2nd pic is just a huge difference from my beginning pics. It's nothing spectacular, but I like it because I'm starting to see definition and, again, it's a huge difference from what I looked like 4 months ago.

Attachments:
th_07-18-09Arm.jpg
th_07-18-09Arm.jpg [ 2.56 KiB | Viewed 993 times ]
th_07-18-09Mid-Month.jpg
th_07-18-09Mid-Month.jpg [ 2.88 KiB | Viewed 993 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:42 pm 
Stegosaurus

Wow ! Nice Work :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm 
Finch

but are different people!

good work