Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Candy goes from grose to musculous!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:13 am 
Elephant

Finnish people in this forum are in proper shape, I'd say. In general Finnish people are obese, but there are a fair amount of ppl who are in good shape. And we don't have those super fatsos who have to move themselves with fatso scooters or whatever they are called.

Can you describe what you ate and drank before and what is your diet like now? Have you restricted both carbs and fats or just either of them?

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:48 am 
Rabbit

Great work Candyflip, really stunning transformation.

I visited Helsinki last year (got to hang out with tuc :) ), loved it. I didn't think the general population was in bad shape. Visited an awesome gym while I was there too (place where they held the Olympic weightlifting and gymnastics in '52).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:39 am 
Elephant

candyflip wrote:
I'd appreciate advice on bum and thigh muscle workouts, i want to have a "ghetto-booty" :lol: I'm allready doing squats as well as workouts on my inner and outer thighs and the backs of my thighs on these "machine"-things. I've got some serious joint problems (had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis as a child), so everything too heavy on especially the joints of the knees (like the front of the thigh on a "machine") is out of the question.

Squats, lunges and straight deadlifts are basically what you need. Those machines where you work your inner and outer thighs really suck biomechanically. The excersises puts gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and tensor fascia latae in active insufficiency. You can read a little about that here http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Muscle.html#anchor1279543

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:52 am 
Rabbit

Ok, now when i think about it, and have read some reports from other countries on this forum, i don't think that Finland is that bad anymore. =D

In my "former life" i didn't really eat so badly, i just drank really much about two times a week and ate like two pizzas the next day. "Normally" i mainly ate frozen vegetables with soy and alterations. I had cut out the bread and the unnecessary carbs from my diet long ago. Too much cheese. Too much candy and sugar. Too freaking much booze and smoking.

Now i just eat lots and lots more tofu ;D . I also eat _regularly_ now: BREAKFAST!! (_never_ used to eat breakfast), lunch (yesterdays leftovers or at school or now, while working, at the chinese buffet where there's always tofu <3), a snack, dinner (the next days lunch) and a real supper (not just eating the whole evening).

- Breakfast: usually "omelets" made of chickpea flour + tofu and maybe some fresh vegetables.
- Lunch and dinner: usually either wok or "puree" soup (i'm lay-zee on weekdays), always with as much protein as i can fit in. We choose the "carb-suff" by two terms: whole grain and protein. so usually things like whole grain (protein) pasta, bulgur, quinoa, barley...
- Afternoon snack: A banana and/or some soyogurt
- Supper: soy/oat yogurt with fruit/berries, soy bean crush, fibre (linen seed crush at the time), oat/spelt/... flakes, sometimes raisins and/or cocos for the taste =9
- Treats: lots of salmiak with no sugar (ok sweeteners but i can live with that), fruit (watermelons OMNOMNOM i could just eat them until my tummy bursted, mango <3), long sweet lattes made with espresso and cocoa + a couple of pieces of good dark chocholate, tons of xylitol chewing gum in different flavours :D , this new "sorbet"-like-stuff that's half strawberry mash and doesn't have like any calories at all AND is vegan (ok there's the sweeteners again but i can still live with them)

About fats: i'm actually trying to get MORE fats all the time, even while i was still dieting. I got kinda scared after i heard some horrible stories from vegan fiends with fat shortages that were results of dieting :roll: So i try to use diverse fats: hemp seed, linen seed, rypsi, olive... Many nutritions don't even get absorbed without fat, so it's essential to get enough of them.

My kichen tastes like india, asia and latin america. <3

Quote:
Those machines where you work your inner and outer thighs really suck biomechanically. The excersises puts gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and tensor fascia latae in active insufficiency.

Yeah, i'm out of weights in those also, so maybe it's time for a change :lol:

Attachments:
File comment: Doing my first ever pull-up! Now i can allready do two =D ...i'm getting there...
leuka.jpg
leuka.jpg [ 31.24 KiB | Viewed 2223 times ]

My training and my pictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:32 pm 
Elephant

I'll be in Finland.... some time.... if you ever wanna.... uh..... work out.... I mean......

In all seriousness, this is the most amazing transformation I have ever seen! Very nice! I like!

:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:03 pm 
Elephant

Inspirational Transformation,
You must feel so much healthier and Happier...
You look like a different person...

If you feel their breath on your skin, you just ache.
Have you ever craved someone so much you didn't exist anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 am 
Rabbit

You are Beautiful! :oops:
Nice ass!! :lol:
Well Done! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 am 
Rabbit

I almost forgot to tell you guys! Yesterday i was reading this bodybuilding magazine at my friends house, and it contained a bunch of articles, spreading on almost ten pages, about vegan bodybuilding! Veganbodybuilding.com was mentioned. I was really surprised and happy! I didn't have time to read the articles, but they seemed really positive. I think i have to snatch the magazine from my friend :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 am 
candyflip wrote:
I almost forgot to tell you guys! Yesterday i was reading this bodybuilding magazine at my friends house, and it contained a bunch of articles, spreading on almost ten pages, about vegan bodybuilding! Veganbodybuilding.com was mentioned. I was really surprised and happy! I didn't have time to read the articles, but they seemed really positive. I think i have to snatch the magazine from my friend :D

Nice! I'd be very interested to hear what the articles say :) If you ever get the possibility to read them - a short summary would be great!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:50 am 
Rabbit

Yeah, sure, was planning to do that anyway!

Btw, does anyone have any nutritional advice on how to get a better memory? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 am 
Mastodon

candyflip wrote:
nutritional advice on how to get a better memory? :D

I sense sarcasm, but load up on flax seed, chia seed, and green vegetables. There's also vegan DHA sourced from algae if you've got the money. Pretty costly

335 Squat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:33 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
candyflip wrote:
nutritional advice on how to get a better memory? :D

I sense sarcasm, but load up on flax seed, chia seed, and green vegetables. There's also vegan DHA sourced from algae if you've got the money. Pretty costly

Just to play dietician I wanna warn you about using too much flax seeds because there is a potential risk for cyanide poisoning. Flax oil is a better choice in my opinion.

I would also like to hear about the vegan bodybuilding article, a summary would be awesome!

I'm still shocked about your progress, I can't believe it only took you 10 months. You look awesome, being fit really fits you. If that makes sense. I showed your pictures to a friend of mine and she got stoked about lifting weights and loosing weight (which she really needs to do), so thank you for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:44 pm 
Rabbit

Indeed that is an impressive transformation. How much weight did you lose during the 10 months and what was your calorie intake?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:42 am 
Finch

Oh... My... God.

Congratulations.
You're beyond the debate. - You're instant marriage material now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:21 am 
Rabbit

wow...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next