Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Candy goes from grose to musculous!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:44 am 
Manatee

CANDY, SOOOO amazing!! also, SOOOOO inspirational!! Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing your first hand experience and the insight that you have gained.
I still have some "baby weight" to lose (about 20 lbs) even though my "baby" is 2 years old, so I am always looking for inspiration... you have definitely provided me with some!!
I actually envy your chest... it is much nicer than having the sad shells of boobs that I have after 2 pregnancies and about 5 (combined) years of breastfeeding. So enjoy those small tits while you can! haha. I only wish I could go bra-less without frightening the people around me!!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

Last edited by veganmama on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Brilliant progress, especially in just 10 months

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 pm 
Rabbit

Amazing job Candyflip. I'm sure you've inspired tons of people with your dedication to losing the weight. Great job.

(Oh, and also, funny name)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:21 pm 
Elephant

LoganKost wrote:

Haha :wink:

:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:22 pm 
Rabbit

xveganjoshx wrote:
LoganKost wrote:

Haha :wink:

Yeah, it's my IRC nick and a remnant from my somewhat wild teen years. :lol:

My training and my pictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 pm 
Elephant

wow, I'm really impressed, amazing transformation! I'm gonna read the posts to find out how you did this and in how much time. Good job. Awesome back with tight muscles.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm 
Finch

Wow im very impressed with your 10 month cut that's amazing the only time i dropped that much was when i did a 30 day water fast...congrats your look amazing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm 
Finch

Wow Great job you look awesome....That's an amazing 10 month transformation...congrats you look awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 pm 
Manatee

Wow amazing transformation!

http://myspace.com/jimmybshmitty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 pm 
Finch

Wow, Candy, absolutely remarkable. Kudos to you and your transformation. All of this and building all that muscle with being vegan. You're incredible! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:01 am 
Rabbit

I haven't posted on this forum in quite a long time. I'm surfacing once again to say....

Holy shitballs!! You look fantastic!!! What a transformation!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 am 
Finch

Amazing results, Candyflip!! You are an inspiration!

I am wondering some things. First, you say you only did 1-2 different bodybuilding exercises a week, correct? But your whole body is muscular now, so does that mean you would rotate the different exercises week by week to cover all the body parts? How long did you do cardio for and how long weights for during each one hour session?

Also, I am interested to know what your height is and what weight you were before and after (and clothing sizes too). And were you always fat, or not? You seem to have a very small body frame.

I am learning a lot by everyone's comments here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:25 am 
Gorilla

As another Finn, congrats! Everything has been said here so I guess I can't add anything else. You really look amazing!

Robert lured me here through Facebook. So tell me sweetie (ahaha), what kind of a program you had while you were at it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 am 
Rabbit

Absolutely amazing! Miss, you are looking terribly HOT!

tuc wrote:
OK folks, here's what a FINNISH person can do! Watch and learn! :boxer:

I'd say it's the crappy weather you have up-there. :lol:
It helps people do crazy stuff, like the stuff Candy did! Not being able to do much since going out is akin to commiting suicide (by freezing your ass off) can make you focus - really focus!

(OK, I don't really know the specifics about your weather, but anything below 20°C or less than 12 hours of sun is a crappy weather anyways! :augenroller: )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 am 
Rabbit

AlisonC wrote:
I am wondering some things. First, you say you only did 1-2 different bodybuilding exercises a week, correct? But your whole body is muscular now, so does that mean you would rotate the different exercises week by week to cover all the body parts? How long did you do cardio for and how long weights for during each one hour session?

Also, I am interested to know what your height is and what weight you were before and after (and clothing sizes too). And were you always fat, or not? You seem to have a very small body frame.

I started off with only cardio, then included some bb-excersizes, but i think it's been more or less only bb since the beginning of this year, if the one-month super-weight-loss-cardio-episode in april isn't taken into account.

Hmmm, i've got all my excersises on my palm computer, but because the battery died in april i lost all my info on everything before that, so i have to try and remember now... :lol: I guess i did excersises mainly on different machines because i didn't really have the muscles for free weights yet. My program had two different days, if i remember correctly it was one torso-day and one limb-day. (Ps. cbob3000 if you're reading this and remember more about my early work outs, please post!)

But from about the beginning of the year i've done 3-4 bb-excersises/week and i changed my routine to 3-day about the time when i first started writing here. The super-weight-loss-cardio-episode consisted of four 40min interval-excersises/week. I also bicycle everywhere, so that's where i get my cardio workout now when i'm "only" doing bb-excersises.

I was in a different town studying adventure education in may for the whole month and only got like 2-3 bb-workouts/week (but also did climbing, kayaking, hiking...). I gave myself time to think about what i really want to do with my body and if i really want to train seriously or just stick with what i'd got so far. I obviously decided to get more serious about this, i don't know if i'll get so serious that i'd attend competitions, but i know i need something in my body that i can be proud about now i don't have the tits-and-ass -thing going on for me anymore (hope they'll follow the rest some day, though). So since the end of may i've worked out harder and more than before.

I guess i have good genes, i haven't seen many women with as big lower back muscles as my mom, and she doesn't do bb :lol: I'm not afraid of big weights and don't want the oh-so-trendy "long, lean, gaselle-like small muscles", i work my butt off every time on the gym and i have a big feminist pride driving me. I'm so proud that i usually work out with bigger weights than the average non-bb man! Oh, and one of my goals is to win my ex-flatmate-guy in arm wrestling (too bad he's been out on the world hitchhiking for the whole summer so i haven't managed to do that yet) :lol:

I'm 173 cm / 5 ft 8 inches tall, my weight was about 95 kg / 209 lbs (or at the extreme worst point 98 kg / 216 lbs) and now it is about 65 kg / 143 lbs. My clothing size was 44-46 (sometimes 42 size shirts and 48 trousers) but i don't know how big that is in non-finnish standards, now it's 34-36. I think i always was a chubby child, during elementary school i gained weight "with the classes" until about the 7'th grade (so 3rd grade = 30 kg / 66 lbs, 6th = 60 kg / 132 lbs...). I remember being about 72 kg (and the same height) when i was 14-15 yrs, weight dropped to minimum 68 kg when i was umm.. living really rebeliously at 15-16 yrs, after that i've only gained weight (with a couple of exceptions of loosing 10 kg and gaining 15). So i havn't weighed this little since i was 12 yrs :lol:

Oh, and when i was little i first had juvenile rheuma, and when i got rid of that i got this freaky think in my feet, the bone in my heel was in tens of pieces, maybe even hundreds, instead of 2-3 as is usual for a growing child. I also had astma and allergies. This means that i havn't been able to do any "normal" sports before i was like 17 yrs (and had already been traumatised by gym classes), i always bot so sore joints that i couldn't walk and an astma attac if i tried. I enjoyed swimming alot as a child but got to do that way too seldom. I still get sore joints and have some rheuma symptoms, but nothing that can't be fixed with painkillers (for the inflammation, not the pain). Especially low air pressure (rainy weather) and my periods make my joints ache :lol:

Liberacion-Igualdad wrote:
tuc wrote:
OK folks, here's what a FINNISH person can do! Watch and learn! :boxer:

I'd say it's the crappy weather you have up-there. :lol:
It helps people do crazy stuff, like the stuff Candy did! Not being able to do much since going out is akin to commiting suicide (by freezing your ass off) can make you focus - really focus!

(OK, I don't really know the specifics about your weather, but anything below 20°C or less than 12 hours of sun is a crappy weather anyways! :augenroller: )

Heeey don't mock our weather, at least it's not raining all the time like in britain! :lol: No but seriously, i like it here. Now it's been aroud or over 20°C for almost a couple of monts and that's about all i can take of this heat. But you know what the best part is? The sun never really sets when it's summer! So you can go on a picnic and stay until 11pm and it's not dark and it's still warm. There's not many places you can do that. My sister lived in italy fore some years and said that it's really depressing that when she gets off from work she thinks that "oh it's only 6pm, maybe we could go to the beach and have a picnic" and it's warm and all sunny, and then she goes out, and then it's 7pm and it's dark as hell and you can't see shit :lol:

Ok, it's different in the winters, and at least the end of fall and the beginning of winter is crappy and dark and moist and cold. But the snow makes it all better! And you can go ice-skating and skiing and build snowmen, sit inside with your woolen socks and candles, get red cheek that tingle when you get inside to the warmth, roll in the snow and run to the sauna... But the best part about finnish weather is that it changes all the time, how boring would it be to have only sun and warmth with only some occasional rains! All the plants die in the fall making a last beautiful burst of color, only to rise in the spring making the dull, grey landscape incredibly green. It's hard to not notice and appreciate the nature if all the life is absent for half of the year.

Sorry for the sudden, even kind of nationalistic, outburst. :lol: (It's the nature and the place, even sometimes the people, but not the nation, that i love)

My training and my pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next