Before Photo's

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Before Photo's

#1 Postby Addai » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:33 am

I'm new here, and new to lifting in general, so I figured I'd post here. Pretty much I used to be a runner, got injured, two years later I got myself back in pretty good shape through running, swimming, biking, and body weight exercises. Then about 10 weeks before last summer I started lifting for the first time, but then took the summer off and I've been back working out for the last week. My biggest problem is definitely mass right now. I'm 5'8" and weigh 120 :( , hoping to put on 20-30 pounds this year. I don't know anything about poses, and I'm far from a bodybuilder (for now, just give me a year!), so I just tried taking a few that I thought looked decent.:

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Before Photo's

#2 Postby Richard » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 am

Yeah dude, good starting point definitely, ripped up, great abs and definition. Just need mass
Image

User avatar
Marcina
Elephant
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: BC Canada
Contact:

Re: Before Photo's

#3 Postby Marcina » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Ahh!! Think of your body as a fine piece of clay you're going to sculpt. Right now you're already in good shape! You don't have to worry about fat loss, and you have a nice body to work with already.

With enough food and heavy compound lifting we can turn you into a vegan monster!! :D

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: Before Photo's

#4 Postby Addai » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Marcina wrote:Ahh!! Think of your body as a fine piece of clay you're going to sculpt. Right now you're already in good shape! You don't have to worry about fat loss, and you have a nice body to work with already.

With enough food and heavy compound lifting we can turn you into a vegan monster!! :D


Haha, a vegan monster. That would be awesome. :D Definitely my biggest issue will just be eating enough. Well, that and trying to keep changing up my routine. My normal weight has always been around 120, and I'd drop to 115 for a competitive race. I'm good at dropping a few pounds, but never tried to gain before. It was great stumbling into this place, I've already found lots of great ideas that I've already started using. :)

Should be interesting. :popcorn:

User avatar
coroho
Manatee
Posts: 241
Age: 32
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 pm
Location: austin, tx

Re: Before Photo's

#5 Postby coroho » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Yeah, eating is hard for us skinny dudes at first. My advice is to count your calories. You don't have to do it all the time, but I only thought I was eating a lot before I started. Pick a good routine and you shouldn't have to change it at least until you hit your goals. Like Marcina said, get some nice compound lifts going and you'll be on your way.

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: Before Photo's

#6 Postby Addai » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 pm

coroho wrote:Yeah, eating is hard for us skinny dudes at first. My advice is to count your calories. You don't have to do it all the time, but I only thought I was eating a lot before I started. Pick a good routine and you shouldn't have to change it at least until you hit your goals. Like Marcina said, get some nice compound lifts going and you'll be on your way.


Heh yeah, and I've been rail thin all my life. I'm around 3,000-3,500 calories a day now, and trying to up it a little bit more. I'm trying to get past my old mentality of making sure I don't eat too much. And as of right now, most of what I'm doing are compound lifts. I figured that being at a college with 10 week quarters, I might as well change my routine after each quarter. I keep reading that it's not good to keep doing the same things for a long stretch of time. Would 10 weeks even be too long?

User avatar
chewybaws
Elephant
Posts: 1468
Age: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Before Photo's

#7 Postby chewybaws » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Welcome man :D I started off very skinny (never gained weight in my life) just over 3 months ago and put on 2lbs/week for the first 9 weeks. Put on 23lbs in total now roughly. Eat MORE than you think you need and do it consistently. The big difference between us is you're starting in great shape! Abs are great :)

Get eating :popcorn:

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: Before Photo's

#8 Postby Addai » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

chewybaws wrote:Welcome man :D I started off very skinny (never gained weight in my life) just over 3 months ago and put on 2lbs/week for the first 9 weeks. Put on 23lbs in total now roughly. Eat MORE than you think you need and do it consistently. The big difference between us is you're starting in great shape! Abs are great :)

Get eating :popcorn:


2lbs a week, you beast. :shock:

But I'll take that advice -munches-. :)

ivanv06
Rabbit
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Before Photo's

#9 Postby ivanv06 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:40 am

What do you eat in a normal day ? I love blending soy shakes to keep my weight up . soymilk , soy yogurt , ice , bananas , whatever fruit you like , dates , cocoa . Make enough so you can have with breakfast and dinner after or before your meals/and or workouts . I love my oatmeal,peanut butter , bananas , strawberries , wheat germ , and almond milk . If you ate like me , and I worked out like you .... Your looking good though , its hard when your so active to consume enough calories to gain . Keep up the great work .

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: Before Photo's

#10 Postby Addai » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 am

ivanv06 wrote:What do you eat in a normal day ? I love blending soy shakes to keep my weight up . soymilk , soy yogurt , ice , bananas , whatever fruit you like , dates , cocoa . Make enough so you can have with breakfast and dinner after or before your meals/and or workouts . I love my oatmeal,peanut butter , bananas , strawberries , wheat germ , and almond milk . If you ate like me , and I worked out like you .... Your looking good though , its hard when your so active to consume enough calories to gain . Keep up the great work .


So you're saying that together, we would make the ultimate veganator.

A typical day for me would be something like:

Oatmeal with flax, natural cane sugar, berries
Banana or clementines
Peanut butter jelly sandwich or two
Cliff bar and/or builder bar
Some soy product (tofu, tempeh, etc.) over rice with veggies and such.
Soymilk
And I might have a snack food, like the homeade ginger-oatmeal-walnut-cranberry cookies I'm working now, or some applesauce I cooked up. That sort of thing.

User avatar
Marcina
Elephant
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: BC Canada
Contact:

Re: Before Photo's

#11 Postby Marcina » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Get some more fats in there.

When I'm trying to consume extra calories I buy a big bag of cashews and start munching.. Or eat peanut butter by the spoonful (natural of course :P)

Get some more proteins too. I like hemp protein because it has omega 3s and is more of a whole food. I take soy protein too though because the hemp is VERY filling! I'll also eat entire vegan pizzas.. Lol!

Addai
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Age: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: New York

Re: Before Photo's

#12 Postby Addai » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Marcina wrote:Get some more fats in there.

When I'm trying to consume extra calories I buy a big bag of cashews and start munching.. Or eat peanut butter by the spoonful (natural of course :P)

Get some more proteins too. I like hemp protein because it has omega 3s and is more of a whole food. I take soy protein too though because the hemp is VERY filling! I'll also eat entire vegan pizzas.. Lol!


Yeah, I really don't go for fatty stuff, so I'll need to up my game there. But I'll have you know I totally ate a couple spoonfuls of [natural] peanut butter before bed last night. :D

As for protein I want to get a better mix of proteins, but as for the amount I make sure I'm well over the RDA. I'm probably around 70g a day-ish, and for my body weight 50ish is considered what I "need." I've never had hemp either, so I'm going to give that a go.

I just realized that if I ever actually get bigger, I'm going to have to eat even more. Eeek. :|

User avatar
chewybaws
Elephant
Posts: 1468
Age: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Before Photo's

#13 Postby chewybaws » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:30 am

Aim for 1g/lb of bodyweight if you're bulking, not kg. So aim for 120g. Protein shakes aren't terribly important when starting out, just eat more!

User avatar
RawMan
Rabbit
Posts: 47
Age: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 am
Location: Venice, Italy

Re: Before Photo's

#14 Postby RawMan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 am

The start is very good!
Good job. :D


Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests