My Leg improvement in just 3 months!

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while as work has been busy, but I've had two photo shoots in the past 3 months and I'm pretty excited on the improvements I've made, so I wanted to share the pics. I worked especially hard on my legs and I made some good gains there.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4316504309_ce2af32c0a.jpg

Me in December '09

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4493748655_a697725b75_o.jpg

Me March '10

Dude, not only is your figure herculean, but that improvement in your legs (in 3 MONTHS??) qualifies as epic. You could literally trace the borders of the 3 vasti in your quads with a magic marker, they're so clearly defined.

EDIT: Thanks to vegimator for pointing out the diet/training blog in his signature!

Edited by medman

Thank you all for the compliments. To answer in order:

I've been vegan a bit over 3 years. I've been strength training for 10 years and made much faster improvements as a vegan

Yeah check out my blog to see everything that I do. I'm a personal trainer so I try to keep it up to date for all my clients.

Thank you for the compliment on my legs. That crazy improvement is a combination of recovery (sort of) from a bad knee injury, and lots and lots of 400lb squats

I am 5'11" or so last I checked.

Yes, everyone feel free to check out our blog for recipes, workouts, and our interactive meal plan spreadsheet. We will be making our first website soon that will probably be called veganmuscleandfitness.com so I'll post whenever that happens too

Damn, that is a lot of volume/frequency. How many sets do you do on average? Do you stay way the hell away from failure? I'd never be able to recover on a schedule like that, but it is obviously working wonders for you!

I go through phases of heavy weight lower volume training also, but for the most part I stick to 5-6 days per week once or twice per day, similar to the split Arnold describes in his encyclopedia. My body responds really well to it, but I often times will have to take my rest day early, I usually play that by feel. As for sets etc, I usually do about 5 per exercise and at least one set is to failure or past failure (usually) on most exercises except isolation moves. The first couple sets are warm up though so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.