My Barbarian Shoot Pictures

Hey guys! The final versions of my barbarian photo shoot pics just came in yesterday so I wanted to share. I love the way they turned out and hope to work with the photographer Kimberly Frost (http://www.kimberlyfrost.com) again sometime soon. The lovely lady here is my fiance Marcella. She is also vegan and we train together every day. There are a couple more shots of her on our blog.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__dYeHN8VJqY/S_Me116FzuI/AAAAAAAAAHI/FivsqxkG3m0/s1600/Derek+purple+blue+soft.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__dYeHN8VJqY/S_MhlwXAw_I/AAAAAAAAAH4/fQAmJkMn18g/s1600/Marcella+and+Derek+10x15+sharp+ready+for+print.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Derek, have you ever entered any natural bodybuilding competitions? You could surely win like some of our other forum members have.

I definitely want to, but so far this year work has been busy and we're getting married next month so I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I'd still like to gain about 5 quality pounds before I compete for the first time. My Bi's and calves are way behind everything else. One of my trainers at Gold's (a dairy-free pescatarian) wants to do his first contest this year so I'll probably enter one with him. In this same shoot we did a battle scene with him that looks awesome, so I'll post that when I get it . Marcella has also talked about trying a figure competition, so I hope she does too!

Both of you should definitely compete! And Derek, I think you're obviously at the same level as our other proud vegan BB champions! I hope you enter that contest with your trainer, it seems like it would be a shame for you to NOT compete!

Thank you all, you guys are awesome! If anyone knows a good photographer you should try setting up a shoot like this, it's a blast! The battle scene was especially fun because we did a few funny shots that looked great.

Both of you should definitely compete! And Derek, I think you're obviously at the same level as our other proud vegan BB champions! I hope you enter that contest with your trainer, it seems like it would be a shame for you to NOT compete!

Thank you for your faith! I should really keep telling everyone here I'm going to compete so I'll be forced to... I hear that works right?

Holy crap!!!!!

I freakin love these pics!

I'll be posting links on Twitter and FB for sure!

Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Robert! Spread them around and show everyone what a good diet can do . Thank you for the tri/thigh compliments too. Tri's are my easiest muscle to get awesome so I don't even worry about them, but I really hammered my thighs to get those lines, and I'm doing even more to them now. Just yesterday did squats at 315lbs for sets of 20 and supersetted with leg extensions... brutal. If you or anyone else has tips on giving decent but flat bi's an awesome peak I'd love to hear them.

As for my lifts, my squats have probably gone way up since I last put my numbers on table 2.0, but I don't know about the other two. My best deadlift set is 405x6, best squat is 405x12, and best bench is my old 300lb one rep max. Been a while on bench though.

good stuff, how deep are you going with the squats?

I always try to go full depth (somewhere between 90 degrees and parallel thighs to the floor) unless my bad knee is acting up, in which case I do about 3/4 of the way down. My limiting factor actually seems to be my lower back more than my legs because that is what seems to get tired first, and I can leg press quite a bit even after squatting.

Btw your abs are absolutely nuts. Very few natural people have the kinda of ab size i want and your one of them. What kinda of stuff are you doing for them? besides the stuff that hits them by default(deads, squats ect.) mostly heavy movements i assume?

Thanks everyone!

Btw your abs are absolutely nuts. Very few natural people have the kinda of ab size i want and your one of them. What kinda of stuff are you doing for them? besides the stuff that hits them by default(deads, squats ect.) mostly heavy movements i assume?

The abs are mostly genetic I think. Even when I don't train them too much they stay pretty big, but while I'm doing heavy training on everything else I do things like leg raises with a weight between my feet or medicine crunches etc. When I'm trying to lean up though I do only high volume stuff like bicycle crunches. And I rarely train obliques and never use weight for them so I don't increase my waist.

BTW to everyone here, our pictures were just posted on a big local magazine's website! http://rvamag.com/articles/full/8098/in-honor-of-frazetta