Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My little experiment...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm 
Rabbit

Last edited by VEGETA on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My little experiment...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:48 pm 
Manatee

Glad to hear you're going to stick with something close to a vegan diet even though you don't care about the ethics. I would just say there's no need to cook in butter for saturated fats. You can use coconut (which also has those medium chain fatty acids) or palm oil.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 pm 
Rabbit

Why did you go high protein and low carbs/fat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:39 am 
Rabbit

Lift heavy and eat WAY MORE than you do now! You're skinny as hell, what was the point of this "experiment"? :?

Not trying to be mean or anything.

And yeah, no need for butter - you can get SFA and MUFA from palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia oil, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 am 
Gorilla

jcdenton wrote:
You're skinny as hell

This guy doesn't look skinny to me. He has very healthy physique. He could be more muscular, if that is his desire, but his overall appearance is very good.
My opinion for you VEGETA is that you have good predispositions for developing a nice athletic body. Use it, lift weights regularly and eat clean and you will see nice results very soon.

And just one remark: I think you obsess to much about your food styles. You don't have to experiment that much. Eating healthy is very easy. You just have to follow the rule: no animal products, lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and beans. A little nuts and seeds. No canned food, no processed food, not to much (salt if any). Easy as that. Stop contemplating, start working out!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:17 am 
Rabbit

Last edited by VEGETA on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Feeling superb and energy-rich are not exclusive to non-veganism. In addition, 3% animal products (which is what you're saying would be your maximum anyway) would make barely any difference to how you feel energy-wise, or anything else, so I don't know why you wouldn't just drop all of it, if your health is what concerns you. Though I imagine that it isn't really your health that is of concern regarding this 3% animal products, since it's clear that 3% of your diet is insignificant, and most likely would just be for things you feel like eating, rather than things which have any kind of purpose (as I believe that anything which does have a health-related purpose in your diet could be replaced with a vegan alternative).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 am 
Rabbit

@Richard The 3% would only be for family gatherings, if someone make a salad with little yogurt or mayonnaise (self made with eggs) or chili concarne (let's say with little cream for consistency or little meat) I am not going to be saying "I can't eat that because there are animal products" this would be just ridiculous you know what I mean? Things like that would be the 3 per cent.
I realize too that there are no difference in the energy and feeling superb and so on if I add the 3% or drop it either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:59 am 
Gorilla

LOL i won't eat any animal products whoever gives them to me.

Like drugs.I'm not going to take them because everyone else is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 am 
Site Admin

No I don't think it would be ridiculous, it depends on your reasoning for avoiding animal products

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 pm 
Elephant

My family used to be afraid to make food for me because of how strict I was.. So I can see Vegeta's point. I'm not a vegan anymore, but even as a vegan, I never called myself one because people would react negatively.. Not only that but I felt like a hypocrite calling myself "vegan" when I would knowingly use items containing animal products such as riding my motorcycle with a leather seat ya know? Or electricity which kills thousands of animals a year.

So, if I'm at a family BBQ, and I eat my veggie burger on a bun containing a little whey powder, I'm not going to flip out.

I will say one thing about the company I work for though. Not only did they bring in vegan burger patties for me at the company BBQ, but they also brought in a second grill to cook it on that was seperate from the beef burgers. I was so impressed and honoured they went through all that trouble for me. It was so sweet I almost cried! Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:37 am 
Rabbit

Marcina wrote:
My family used to be afraid to make food for me because of how strict I was.. So I can see Vegeta's point. I'm not a vegan anymore, but even as a vegan, I never called myself one because people would react negatively.. Not only that but I felt like a hypocrite calling myself "vegan" when I would knowingly use items containing animal products such as riding my motorcycle with a leather seat ya know? Or electricity which kills thousands of animals a year.

So, if I'm at a family BBQ, and I eat my veggie burger on a bun containing a little whey powder, I'm not going to flip out.

I will say one thing about the company I work for though. Not only did they bring in vegan burger patties for me at the company BBQ, but they also brought in a second grill to cook it on that was seperate from the beef burgers. I was so impressed and honoured they went through all that trouble for me. It was so sweet I almost cried! Lol!

Sometimes I also eat stuff with trace amounts of whey, eggs or other animal products in it - does that make me a vegetarian? I just don't see any point in obsessing over such miniscule things. Those ingredients are simply by-products of animal agriculture which would go away together with the industry. As I see it, trying to avoiding such ingredients 100% of the time doesn't do anything to change the situation, so I don't bother. Besides, as I've mentioned above, it is, after all, impossible. We would even have to give up books as they're usually bound with animal-derived glue. You can't make perfect decisions in an imperfect world.

To me, veganism isn't about purity or following rigid rules, but, rather, about minimizing animal abuse. And there's more to it than just doing this and not doing that.

Riding on a leather seat is pretty lame, though :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 am 
Gorilla

jcdenton wrote:
Marcina wrote:

Sometimes I also eat stuff with trace amounts of whey, eggs or other animal products in it - does that make me a vegetarian? I just don't see any point in obsessing over such miniscule things. Those ingredients are simply by-products of animal agriculture which would go away together with the industry. As I see it, trying to avoiding such ingredients 100% of the time doesn't do anything to change the situation, so I don't bother. Besides, as I've mentioned above, it is, after all, impossible. We would even have to give up books as they're usually bound with animal-derived glue. You can't make perfect decisions in an imperfect world.

To me, veganism isn't about purity or following rigid rules, but, rather, about minimizing animal abuse. And there's more to it than just doing this and not doing that.

Riding on a leather seat is pretty lame, though :D

Refusing animal products all together is the way to get companies to only make vegan options.

And i would not eat a product of torture.

Take more pride in yourselves and you beliefs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 am 
Rabbit

Cold Fission wrote:
Refusing animal products all together is the way to get companies to only make vegan options.

As long as there is demand for animal products in general, there will be more than adequate supply. Besides, I do not believe that any kind of meaningful, long-term change could come about through the market.

Cold Fission wrote:
And i would not eat a product of torture.

Oh, you will. Harvesting grains and other plant foods is responsible for a considerable amount of animal deaths each year.

And you will also:

- read a product of torture;
- use transportation other than your own two feet, thus contributing to climate change, which, in turn, harms animals;

etc., etc. It's not as clear-cut as we'd like to believe.

We can not exist on this planet without inflicting at least a little bit of misery and death on animals.

Cold Fission wrote:
Take more pride in yourselves and you beliefs.

I do not "have" beliefs in that I don't cherish them as my property - as something that I have complete control over for whole eternity. I like to think of any ideas I currently sympathise with as provisional rather than final. So, in the case of veganism, as I've already mentioned in my previous post, "[it] isn't about purity or following rigid rules, but, rather, about minimizing animal abuse. And there's more to it than just doing this and not doing that."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 am 
Gorilla

its madness to eat animal products all together.

but people act is if its taking it too far to refuse them.

weak convictions.no honor.

and jc, i am raging at what you wrote but will not flame you because its pointless because you've made up your mind and have become 1 of the people i didn't think existed.