VEGETA wrote:crashnburn wrote:The current Wrestler from India who won the Gold in World Wrestling Championships... is lacto-Vegetarian. Gets Almonds+Milk drink from his family village cows. A lot of old strong men used to drink litres of milk... So does this guy.
I know there's a lot of Anti-milk debate here.. but if you take it from the largest VEG population on the planet.. in India.. milk has been a staple. It might help pack on those pounds. Then again... Milk is crappy in the US.. due to factory farming.. unless you for Grass-fed / Organic / Not super processed via pasteurization.
Fully agree, in India the cow is holy. As I was on the 100% vegan trip there was something missing, I always was hungry, though I couldn't eat the quantities of beans I have made for myself and stuffed full until my throat I still felt a hunger feeling. With a little fish/eggs/cheese it left.
Hey crashnburn, I see in your profiel that you migrated to India, what was the reason and how many years you are living there?
What are you doin' sounds very interesting to me!
Also, note that foods that are harder on the digestive system.. fish / eggs will stay longer in your system (which is not a good thing) hence you get that FULL feeling. Eggs/Fish (meat also) are not harmonic for our system.
Could you imagine biting into a piece of flesh/fish as it was? ...
Our teeth & digestive systems are not designed for consuming ANIMALS.
Instead of extended debate I'd suggest some things that would / could help...
I'd suggest getting some of the following to try & avoid the fish & eggs:
- Milk + Almonds (You could find Badam Milk / smoothie receipes) - In fact, if you want to avoid Dairy (lack of organic/grass fed) Almond Milk could be a good base too.
- Avocado - Its creamy texture is great but its not satisfying by itself.. With the right items / flavors.. it can be very satisfying
- Coconut Water, Milk / Meat.. - Great texture and very satisfying as food / base / smoothie / curry. Very good / clean fats.. in fact has been vouched for by lots of people on Gymnastic Bodies forums. Some guys.. mixed their Protein powders in "thickened" Coconut milk. Creamy texture.. filling & satisfying.
- Look at learning some Indian cooking receipes.. Paneer / Tofu/ Dals (Pulses & Lentils) Maybe some Malaysian/ Buddhist cooking..
(who best to learn veg eating from than the original veggies)
- Indian spices/ herbs are great digestives as well as give you satisfactory feeling.. Might help consuming lentils/beans and even Palak Paneer (Pureed Spinach + etc) easier and more satisfying.
The issue with any kind of food or diet.. Raw or Vegan or Vegetarian (or even those stone age minded Paleos lol).. is that they focus on avoiding X & going extreme on Y. We need a VARIETY of foods.. (not saying u need eat non-veg) to satisfy.. and hence you are feeling unsatisfied. If you only have tons of protein you'll crave carbs & fats.. Even if you balance all 3... Before P, F, C were discovered how did people eat? ... Food & its micro-nutrients are beyond western science and lab breakdowns...
Nature created COMPLETE foods.. for us.. Western health science & their labs started breaking them down..
Imagine an Apple... Do you think its value is only that of what its composed of as discovered in a LAB breakdown?
When you bite into a Juicy apple.. feel the energy.. "life force"... You wont find the same when you bite on a piece of meat.. or for that matter even in a piece of bread... or even a Power bar..
Food, health is beyond... Lab breakdowns...
(And calories are a stupid misnomer from the locomotive era.. ever wonder how they are calculated??)..
[LINK COMING UP - Myth of Calories - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14430&start=210]
Also as per Ayurveda.. your body type defines what food satisfies and balances your body dosha (imbalance).. Wouldnt hurt to get a Pulse Diagnosis done... to find out. Then you eat as per your body type & goals.
I was born in India.. and I've lived in both continents traveled a bit.. I moved on a Spiritual Calling and its been quite a journey of learning about myself.. mind, body, spirit...(how one affects another)... how thoughts, feelings/ emotions affect us.. what causes us to BE we are... & DO what we do..
For now, looking at doing some socially entrepreneurship work at ground levels. Lets see where things go. Ideally 50% time here to 50% travel/work between US-Europe would be great. Lets see.
PS: I'd suggest watching this movie - Peaceful Warrior... Carefully .