Still working on it - a 5-year chronicle

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xChrisZx
Manatee

Re: Still working on it - a 5-year chronicle

#16 Postby xChrisZx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:52 pm

VeganEssentials wrote:xChrisZx - I'm a hair under 6' tall, something like 5' 11.5" last time I was checked. Maybe less now, those years of heavy squatting might have squashed me down a bit more over time :)

For some reason I thought you would be like 6'4" or something like that.

We are about the same height / body type. You have about 10+ pounds on me right now though.

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#17 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 pm

The doctors predicted I would end up really tall (6'4 or so), but somewhere early on, the genes just gave up working to make me taller and decided that I may as well be wide :) I think I hit 5'11" in 5th grade, then I pretty much didn't grow from there on out.

Get some pics up, xChrisZx - we need more big guys to show their stuff on here! :)
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

xChrisZx
Manatee

#18 Postby xChrisZx » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:25 pm

VeganEssentials wrote:The doctors predicted I would end up really tall (6'4 or so), but somewhere early on, the genes just gave up working to make me taller and decided that I may as well be wide :) I think I hit 5'11" in 5th grade, then I pretty much didn't grow from there on out.

Get some pics up, xChrisZx - we need more big guys to show their stuff on here! :)

Sounds similar to my story haha. My dad is 6'4 and my two younger brothers are 6'4 and 6'3. For whatever reason I ended up shorter but I do have a wider chest of the 3 of us.

I will get some pics up soon!

Jason X
Gorilla

#19 Postby Jason X » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Name in that hat of people that love what VE is doing. You look AMAZING. I'm super jealous.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." - Brian O'Driscoll

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#20 Postby VeganEssentials » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks, Jason X! :)
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

chewybaws
Elephant

#21 Postby chewybaws » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Can't believe I missed this post. You've always been an inspiration to me man, remember seeing your photos the first time I was on this site and thinking "that guy's effing huge!", along with other guys on here you're all the reason I started lifting!

You look even better now, glad the progress is back on the UP! Looking forward to seeing more progress in a year or two when you've made your target fat loss and leaned out even more!

HCPinGviini
Gorilla

#22 Postby HCPinGviini » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Ryan, you look great! I've been wanting to see some more recent pics of you for the longest while now and you really look stronger now than before. Keep up the good work! :)

xbillyx
Manatee

#23 Postby xbillyx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Wouldn't want to run into Ryan in a bad mood. :)
Murder is a family value in almost every home. Murder is a family value three times a day. - Remembering Never

robert
Site Admin

#24 Postby robert » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:19 pm

I know Ryan better than anyone here and I don't know if he's capable of being in a bad mood :) He's one of the most positive and upbeat people I've ever met.....but if he were to get in a bad mood...you're right....stay out of the way! He packs a lot of muscle.

Hey Ryan......train in Boston?

Or wait til Anaheim?

:)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#25 Postby I'm Your Man » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Good job ! You look lean and massive at the same time :)
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#26 Postby VeganEssentials » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks to all for the compliments! :D It has been a tough journey since I hate, hate, hate dieting, but I'm giving myself a break through October before I punish myself again with eating totally clean. Weight is still hanging on at 231 (had dropped to the low 220s when I was sick in July), still getting stronger and don't notice any more fat gain now that I've upped the calories a bit. I'm just glad that I can get by for gaining on only around 3500-3800 cal./day and don't have to choke down 5000+ cal./day!

Ken
Rabbit

#27 Postby Ken » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:35 am

Looking really good, man. You still look as strong as ever, but much better. I haven't been in to the store or seen you around anywhere so I didn't know you'd dropped so much weight.

Bonn1997
Rabbit

#28 Postby Bonn1997 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow, you're gigantic! Did you get that big while you were a vegan or did you add a lot of that muscle before you went vegan?

cjam33
Rabbit

#29 Postby cjam33 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 am

Really inspirational man!
you are a real vegan warrior!
with that body id be into BJJ or wrestling or something.

:) keep it up man
"I will be grateful for this day..."

“I’m no longer an athlete,” he said. “I’m a warrior now. There’s a big difference. The athletes are just out to get paid. Warriors stand for something.” - Kenneth G. Williams

jamesxvx
Gorilla

#30 Postby jamesxvx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:07 am

This is awesome, Nice job man!

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”