Hey my name is Tom and this is my 2nd post, ive been vegetarian for around 4 years and vegan for about 2.

Age- 21

Height - 183cm (6ft )

Weight - 75kg app

Location - East England (UK)

Ive just come off tour, which has involved a bad diet and strange eating patterns, with more than normal intake of alchohol, so hopefully now im home i should see some improvements in the next few weeks. was at the gym 2-3 days a week prior to tour.

I need to re weigh myself.

Let me know what you guys think, what you think i should do to improve.

I will post more info of diet and exercises, when i get back into the flow of normal life.

Hope all is well, Tom.

http://i52.tinypic.com/ziq4vp.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/29dux44.jpg

hello, Tom!

You should loose some weight and pay more attention on chest muscles. I struggled with mine, too and saw first improvements only when started with dumbbell chest presses. Regular barbell chest press did nothing for me.

And no more junk food and alcohol!

Generally, you have nice starting point!

hey bud were in the east of england are you?

and whats your goals just to tone or to try and get bigger?

but yeah as vege said good starting place better than most, better than i was when i first started training. if you wanna get bigger i wouldn't worry about loosing weight mate ur not fat, and concerntrate on your hole upper body ur chest looks to me like its in proportion to the rest of it all

ive lost alot of weight already, am still on the way down, was about 105kg at one point. gotta keep going!

Is there any way of showing me this exercise? a website or video? just so i know im doing it properly.

Thanks

Tom

@mitch 1991 i live near kings lynn, spend most of my time in norwich.

I would like to tone up first, and then get bigger, if thats achievable,

if you could recommend some workouts/exercises that would be amazing.

Cheers guys

erm i would get bigger first bud thats what im doing, because you always put a bit of chub on during a bulk, or at least i do. and nowrich haha i was up there a lil while ago.

i could put u on my workout been doing wonders for me put on alot of size during it and my strength has shot up in the past 10 months.

monday- chest and triceps

bench 6-8 reps 3 sets

dumbell raises 6-10 reps 2 sets

dips to failure two sets

close grip bench 10 reps 2 sets

skull crushers 10 reps 2 sets

cables one set max out

tuesday - legs

squat 10 reps 3 sets

leg press 10 reps 2 sets

leg curls 10 reps 2 sets

calfs 10 reps 4 sets

thursday - shoulders

military press 10 reps 3 sets

dumbell press 10 reps 2 sets

side raises 10 reps 2 sets

bent over raises 10 reps 2 sets

shrugs 10 reps 4 sets

friday - back

bent over rows 10 reps 3 sets

reverse grip cable pull down 10 reps 2 sets

normal pull down 10 reps 2 sets

deadlift 15 reps 2 sets

close grip curls 10 reps 2 sets

dumbell screw curls 10 reps 2 sets

cable curls max out one set

it might sound like you can do more and people always told me do like 15 sets per muscle group but really you don't recover for shit bud, this way your working alot of compound movements with some shapers (i think im no expert really) and iv gone from benching 100 Kilo for 8 to 145 KG for 6 easy after being on this program for 4 months

but also its all about diet, i would literally eat everything you can if you start gaining too much fat then cut a lil carbs and fat but only a lil and eat as much protien as you can, you can absorb only so much but if ur bulking isn't it better to have all the protien you can be absorbed and some left over than not getting as much as you can in?

best of luck bud hope this is helpfull

This is what ive just started. only got 2 days of 3 as i havnt written the third yet

Day 1 Chest and Biceps

Bench press 3x8 @55kg

Incline DB press 3x8 @ 15kg

Decline smith bench 3x8 @ 40kg

EZ bar curl 3x8 @20kg + bar

Zotterman curl 3x8 @ 10kg

preacher curls 3x8 @10kg

Day 2 Back + shoulders + triceps

Single arm row 3x8 @ 30kg

Lat pull down 3x8 @ 55kg

Bent over rover 3x8 @ 40kg

Upright row 3x8 @ 20kg

Cable pull over 3x8 @ 20kg

Sit down row 3x8 @ 32kg

Skull crusher 3x8 @30kg

Cable pull downs @ 20kg

what do you guys think?

i would add some days and break it up a tad think shoulders tris and back are all a bit much and you can't focus on them as much as you should but thats just me.

i still on a personal note do the split routine iv been on, gives u a proper good heavy workout but also allows your muscles time to recover

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, for i would post an update .

Been on a mostly RAW (app 95%) diet for probably the last 6 months.

Started back. Training hard!

http://i44.tinypic.com/302ou50.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/qp106b.jpg

Let me know what you think and any suggestions

You have a good enough base so don't worry over loosing more weight.

Keep shit simple in the gymm, squat, bench, military press & deadlift. Checkout stuff like starting strength, don't over complicate things with fussy workouts. The trouble with most programs is that it's full of fluff & pointless assistance lifts. Training is about getting more bang for your buck & training smarter. People are under the impression you need to do something for everything, these people are not good to listen to. As an example why are you doing so many rows on back day & then more bicep work?

Keep it simple & effective. I'm also in uk