disney princess soon to become WWF superstar...

Although I've been going to the gym for 6 years I've never had any goals but I

decided 6 weeks ago to attempt to gain weight and put on muscle. Inspired by Robert's book.

6 years ago I was 115 lbs (5 ft 7 tall) I went up to 130ish quickly when I started working out but then when I became vegan 3 years ago I lost it all again and have struggled to gain any weight. Currently 127lbs (up 6 pounds in 6 weeks)

These are today's pictures. I guess they are my before pics since I didn't take any in the past, which I regret. I still look like a disney princess...but dream of looking (and then I have an excuse to act) like a WWF girl.

I'm fairly satisfied with my upper body...but my lower half is still under a layer of fat...how do I gain size on my upper half meanwhile target fat loss on the lower half? Gaining diet or cutting diet? Currently on a gaining diet. 17 hrs a week at the gym but only 1.5hrs of that is cardio and the rest is heavy weights. Should I make changes?

No doubt people will comment...yes my hair is actually down to my knees...too lazy to cut it in a long time.

sept19down.jpg.32c4088458e168aaa4249f6a950a17f9.jpg

sept16down.jpg.f4343ed9efa4d88cd72ad5bf21b2b4b3.jpg

sept5down.jpg.cae9c7aafcd54cd7fc6c022abc0512b6.jpg

Edited by precision female

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the replies...

admittedly I neglected my lower half until 6 weeks ago...

I do one hard day for legs every 4 days now (also one day of back/chest/shoulders, one day bi/tri/forearm/abs...and my "rest" day is 1 hr cardio)

Leg day:

3 - 5 sets on all of these, 2nd and 3rd set always to failure on heavy weight and then some forced or descending reps. Maybe it just needs more time for the results to show...but I'm not sure how to lose the layer of fat on the lower half meanwhile gaining some fat/muscle on the upper.

squats (120lbs)

leg press (270 lbs)

deadlifts (100 lbs)

lunges (85 lbs)

adductor (200 lbs) - superset with Adductor

abductor (140)

Seated calf (60 kilos)

standing calf (300 lbs)

Leg curl (90 lbs) - superset with Leg Extention

Leg extention (90 lbs)

Back extention (45 lbs)

• 1 month later...

Hi princess! You look amazing, and you don't need much more, but try thinking outside the box when it comes to workouts.

I've learned a lot from these folks about how to come up with everyday innovations to your workout. Check the different videos, which are very short, until you find what might work for you. Let me know what you think at [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Today's photos....in my graduation high heels from 13 years ago...which the left one has been badly chewed by the dog but I can still stand on it...

I tore my left pec and broke rib cartilage on 3 ribs a couple days after the last photos (that's the last time I try to bench press 600lbs with one arm!) and so no upper body progress for 2 months. Just starting to use it again last week.

4 months progress on my legs....been doing interval cardio almost every day for 5 weeks to target cellulite.

5 ft 7"

128.5lbs

1248365976_downsizedoublebicep.jpg.70b12955dc927ed68f8efefffd808df4.jpg

blurry...but some vascularity is visible...

1446192880_downsize1.jpg.7a3a1a3f2055ae00190b43fbf341eab9.jpg

831054109_downsize2.jpg.5a76c0957e42e10c2c79c99489d858b1.jpg

quarter turn practice...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Although I've been going to the gym for 6 years I've never had any goals but I

decided 6 weeks ago to attempt to gain weight and put on muscle. Inspired by Robert's book.

6 years ago I was 115 lbs (5 ft 7 tall) I went up to 130ish quickly when I started working out but then when I became vegan 3 years ago I lost it all again and have struggled to gain any weight. Currently 127lbs (up 6 pounds in 6 weeks)

These are today's pictures. I guess they are my before pics since I didn't take any in the past, which I regret. I still look like a disney princess...but dream of looking (and then I have an excuse to act) like a WWF girl.

I'm fairly satisfied with my upper body...but my lower half is still under a layer of fat...how do I gain size on my upper half meanwhile target fat loss on the lower half? Gaining diet or cutting diet? Currently on a gaining diet. 17 hrs a week at the gym but only 1.5hrs of that is cardio and the rest is heavy weights. Should I make changes?

No doubt people will comment...yes my hair is actually down to my knees...too lazy to cut it in a long time.

Beautiful BACK!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...on the butt stuff....I hear ya and feel your pain .and I am older but have same issues...

I am seeing the slight progress--- its more leg curls, more buttwork...But,...I also use a handheld massager and when I see more progress it is when I am doing EXTERIOR done things as I can't afford nor will I pay for laser or endermologie. Someone told me to do prep H andsaran wrap before the competition...I didn't, but another old wives tale. I am teeny tiny, maybe 10% body fat if that and all muscle, and my butt has slight cellulite,...it's something i work on and have for years...and I know you eat clean , so screw when peeps say it is what you are eating, as genetics is a part, too. Try a hand held mini massager ( target, bed,bath and beyond,) i learned it from someone else- andw/ cardio and lifting, I have seen a difference, but like anything else, it doesn't"last", its an ongoing couple times per week thing.

And yes, More cardio!!! To see the leg and butt stuff go away, you need to up the cardio. Iambuiltlike you, just 5 inches shorter ---idea minimum of45 on the stairmill 6 daysa week (it's also the retired marathon runner in me), but it is when I see the least amount of cellulite. I choose to stay lean year round as I love cardio as much as weights, and I tend to gain in my legs and butt only, and cardio is a sure fire way to see some of that cellulite go is conjunction w/ the weight training.

• 1 month later...