Two months progress

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Two months progress

#1 Postby christian » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 am

I'm so glad I found this web-site as I have been vegetarian/lifting weights for about 20 years. It's been a challenge finding others with same interests/challenges.

Anyway, I've just started lifting weights more seriously again over the last two months. I have been doing 3-4 days cardio for half hour (riding bike or rowing on concept 2 machine) and 3 days of "abbreviated" weights (each week progressively increasing bench/deadlift/squats).

My goals are:

1) Improve cholesterol - Numbers are fairly good on low dosage of lipitor, but I am trying to get completely off the drug. Main concern is increasing HDL (at 46) and keeping LDL down (at 98).

2) Increase definition with focus on abs - According to my body scale, I'm at 20% body fat, so I think I need to lose some of the fat to do this. In addition to cardio, I've been doing about 2 minutes plank exercises in the morning as well to focus on abs/core.

3) Gain muscle - I'm 6'2", and 185 pounds so could use some more weight, though this goal somewhat conflicts with goal 2 above. Until recently any weight training I did was upper body, so I've been more focused on squats/deadlifts to strengthen the lower body.

Any advice/feedback is welcome.

IMG_9220 (800x533).jpg
IMG_9220 (800x533).jpg (160.98 KiB) Viewed 3690 times

Re: Two months progress

#2 Postby Nicholas_Weir » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:52 am

Nice progress man! And welcome :D

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

#3 Postby Kira » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:53 am

Sup dude ;) Welcome to the site

#4 Postby Bonn1997 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 am

sharonkriss wrote:Welcome in the forum hope you will enjoy here. Your progress is good.

Just wondering - How do you judge progress without a before picture?!

OP: Welcome and good luck!

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”