New Member before/progress

WeightLoss4.jpeg.a97bbe6cb187f0f40f09db78b38c8ffe.jpeg

This photo was taken on April 3,2009 before switching to a vegan diet...

I'm new to the forum please forgive any blunders after I post this.

I began my vegan diet journey two years ago. When I first changed my eating habits after reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Foer I had no idea what I was doing diet wise. I came from a single parent family and most if not all of our meals were hamburger/tuna helper and canned microwave meals. My mother never cooked and in the end I had zero knowledge of where my food came from and honestly the distinction between the actual animal and what was on my plate didn't exist to me. Not until reading Eating Animals and being encouraged by a fellow vegan mom in one of my small social circles did I make the connection. When my daughter was born and began nursing I noticed her skin was rough and covered with, what some people call 'chicken skin', tiny small bumps. Before making the switch to a vegan lifestyle the same vegan mama mentioned above advised me to give up dairy. I tried it immediately and noticed a huge difference. Not only did my daughters skin clear up but my acne went away and I'm still blown away by the awesome-ness of losing the dairy bloat. Anyways...long story short, the first 4-6 months of my new diet left me feeling glorified by my decision to not eat meat but I still felt like crap from all the processed foods and sugar. I'm still living and eating day by day. Some days I'll pack away some pretty unhealthy foods but for the most part I'm staying active and eating clean. I started doing the exercises from Bodyrock.tv a few days a week with some homemade sandbags and dip station.

I love the progress that I'm making the slow and healthy way and will continue to update my progress along the way.

NewLoss2.jpg.d80978d6a6a034aaf7bbbb11c196dd77.jpg

This photo was taken December 20,2011.

WeightLoss3.jpg.eb9153140975e1095c51dcc2180d8957.jpg

This photo was taken on October 11,2010 while on a vegan junk food diet.

what is the vegan junk food? I want to get some....trying to gain weight....

amazing difference in just over 1 year!

Oh vegan junk food! Oreos are vegan. Obviously vegan cakes, cookies, etc are junk food. Any thing processed really. Try vegweb.com and start making some of their lasagna's, that should bump up the calories for sure. We used to add Daiya cheese to everything and once we stopped doing that not only did my husband and I save money but I dropped more weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so impressed by your results in only a year! I am hoping to drop 10-20 lbs by June- have cut out most of the processed crap but it still sneaks its way in there sometimes. I find it's just easier to cook everything at home because if I eat out, I can't control what I'm putting in my mouth!