operation 6-pack

If Megan Fox can have killer abs, why can't I!? Therefore, I have begun what I have dubbed Operation 6-pack. Here are my first set of progress pics - 2 weeks full vegan (3 years vegetarian before), 1 week straight daily calisthenics. It's a work in progress still, obviously, but I can totally feel a difference already!

1686533585_mar112abs.JPG.f9d25593ed35a59726f6672a0e7c6580.JPG

1 week progress photo (march 1, 2012)

1209593265_feb2312front.JPG.8e15cfb41794b3a57e99298caaa17ea3.JPG

starting point - way more fluffy (feb 23, 2012)

Great body already!

Thank you! Feels good to hear that. I feel great since I've been eating SO much better, but there's still some toning up I want to do... starting with that coveted 6-pack

Wow, yeah, you've got a great cut in at the waist, so you look very naturally slim. Hopefully it'll be easier for you to get visible abs than it would be for most folks. Just keep at it. I'm sure you'll see visible progress soon.

• 1 month later...

Cool! Another Austin member. We have a great crew here in ATX and a group of us even meet up for training sessions occasionally.

We also meet up at some of the other events such as Rip Esselstyn's potlucks. Come on out anytime. I just moved here 2 months ago but have already bumped into Iron Clad Ben (who posted above) a bunch of times as well as a regular crew who hits the gym together.

Hope all is well!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just realized how long it's been since I've posted an update on here. I'm about 2 months in now... fell off for a couple of weeks with TERRIBLE eating habits, but I've jumped back on training and am feeling better than ever. I've lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks, 2 inches off my waist (and at least another inch or two off my thighs/butt), and my endurance is better than it's ever been! Here's my current before/after photo (about 2 months difference between the 2 photos).

Any additional help with how to cut the extra fat would be MUCH appreciated!!!

photo-1.thumb.JPG.920d677ceb00fd7d83b74236c69eb89b.JPG

Awesome work!

Well done!

What is your training currently like?

You should join a local crew of us here in Austin at Bone Breaker Barbell gym in Kyle. It's an awesome time!

My only suggestion would be to do cardio after weight training to be in an optimal fat-burning zone. That is what I do in contest preparation trying to get lean and what I always suggest to others.

Keep after it.

-Robert

Took this photo this morning (before/after difference of about 10 weeks). I'm really amazed by the results so far... the closer I get, the more I'm encouraged to work more!

And Robert, thanks for all the tips! I'm definitely going to start incorporating cardio post-strength. I'm not big into gyms... I do mostly calisthenic workouts and keep to outdoor runs... but even doing my runs after my calisthenics routines could definitely make a huge difference!

photo.jpeg.0590ba5592fe4f0ea1035e90d1b2e1f1.jpeg

Cool, looking lean!

Yeah, I really do firming believe in cardiovascular training immediately after weight training, or on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. This is how I have had my bodybuilding-conditioning preparation completed over the past decade or so.

The more I learn and understand biochemistry, nutrition and anatomy and physiology, I understand how and why this all makes sense for those circumstances to lead to optimal fat-burning. In a nutshell, we basically have about an hour worth of carbohydrate reserves ready to be used and after an hour or maybe up to 90 minutes, we're out of glycogen to be expended as fuel and our body turns to fat as its fuel source. This of course, is why runners and cyclists tend to be so thin, their sport often has them performing for more than an hour and they naturally get into that fat-burning zone.

I mimic this approach to fat-burning as a bodybuilder so I lift for an hour or so, then do my aerobic training then. So even if you don't use weights much, know that anytime you push yourself over 60-90 min and don't refuel during that window with fruit or sugary drink, etc. you'll be entering into a fat burning zone. Combined with general fitness exercises to strengthen and develop abs, and other muscles, you'll get your desired results in now time. Its just how biochemistry works

Well done!

Keep after it.

-Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...