HorseSense Progress

This is my transformation from a few months ago (last year sometime) to 4/17/12. Sorry if the angle isn't great but that's the only pic I have of me in that shape last year. I was never planning to do this up until I just up and DID IT one day and didn't look back. I'm 5'9" and pic on the left I was 191 with a 38.5" waist and on right I was (and still am) 165 w/31.5" waist. I know you probably can't tell that I lost that much, but I also had a lot of fat (or fluid??) in my chest, arms, and legs and you can see my abs coming out on the right, something I thought I'd never see since my twenties!!! LOL

I am NOW getting back up to where I was with the arms, chest, legs, etc but it is ALL MUSCLE and it feels fantastic to be able to see it in the mirror in contrast to my more natural waist line!!

What is really exciting is now that summer has hit I can up my fruit (grown locally) up BIG TIME which always works to my advantage!!! Here's to the future!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/keyofdavid88/compare.jpg

wait why are these taken at penis angle? Have you been working it out hard? Hhahaha. Just kidding. Seriously though looks like you are definitely progressing in muscle definition in a lot of muscle groups. Great work!

-Dylan

wait why are these taken at penis angle? Have you been working it out hard? Hhahaha. Just kidding. Seriously though looks like you are definitely progressing in muscle definition in a lot of muscle groups. Great work!

-Dylan

LOL well because the mirror doesn't do jack to show my "curves" as well as like looking from the ground up. I don't know why. Cameras hate me and I don't look anything like myself in a pic or video. Thus those angles.

And thanks I didn't think I'd ever see such definition in my muscles but going vegan made that possible, while still building muscle.

What is going to be very interesting is I'm now going into a mostly raw fruitarian diet without any supplementation during the summer. I hope my muscle building progresses as usual, because I have a theory that it will!!

Thanks guys for the comments. I'll have better pictures up eventually of course.

Phyto - I have been building muscle just fine with minimal protein supplementation (a scoop of pea protein/some grains), definitely nowhere near the 1g per lb body weight rule. In fact I've never lived up to that rule even when I was a meat eater. I believe I'll keep on just fine with natural protein intake without supplementation. I think the key to maintaining/building muscle mass is making sure your body has enough calories so there are no cannibalizing hormones going rampant. This is VERY easy to do with fruits.

Throughout the summer (literally up the road from me) there will be available local strawberries, peaches, watermelons, tomatoes, and my aunt grows so many blueberries every year she has to give them away by the multiple lbs to keep up with it all! She gives me a bunch of them and so much my freezer gets full so I have some during winter too!!

I do not plan on giving up my soy milk/cereal yet though so I won't be completely raw. I may change my mind on that. But both are fortified with lots of B12 and D and I've been comfortable with that.

I can always just take a vitamin though. So we shall see down the road.

Phyto - I have been building muscle just fine with minimal protein supplementation (a scoop of pea protein/some grains), definitely nowhere near the 1g per lb body weight rule. In fact I've never lived up to that rule even when I was a meat eater. I believe I'll keep on just fine with natural protein intake without supplementation. I think the key to maintaining/building muscle mass is making sure your body has enough calories so there are no cannibalizing hormones going rampant. This is VERY easy to do with fruits.

I agree with you that most people put way too much emphasis on protein. I do not supplement protein either, but still average 1g protein per kg of body weight(which i assume you meant kg instead of pounds) and I have also been able to maintain/increase muscle mass. But I eat a lot of beans/nuts/seeds besides vegetables/fruits.

Generally fruit are the lowest in protein content. Do you have any idea how much protein you have been taking in on an average day and how much you will be when you switch to mainly only fruit intake?

It would be interesting to know your protein intake and see how your muscle mass maintains/increases during the summer fruit months.

This isn't intended to be a smartass comment or to demean you in any way. I am truly interested in seeing how this goes for you. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Phyto. Well the fruit thing isn't gonna work out like I had thought it maybe would. Lots of change involved and I had forgotten how much those "higher vibe" foods effect my thinking.

I'm staying with my current diet, but I am taking out the pea protein supplementation.

I'll still be getting upwards of 60g of protein per day, and may be upping my calories so that count will naturally go up more.

Right now I know it's probably too early to say but I haven't supplemented any protein for the past week and my chest and legs have gone up both in size and strength. I certainly haven't shrunk anywhere so that's good! lol

More to come in time!!