Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:08 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 5
Hi there,
I stopped eating land dwelling animals in 2007, at the same time also ceasing consumption of sea dwelling sentient beings. I still ate animal byproducts. I suppose two years later I went vegan, then raw vegan, then back to highly unhealthy vegetarian junkfood diet, to peskitarian diet. My weight has fluctuated with all of this, and I have been mostly sedentary and lethargic.

I will try to find some before pictures, I am about 20 pounds heavier in the before photos. Currently I weighed in at 129 this morning. before's will show about 15 - 20 additional unnecessary pounds. I am 5'3.

This is the marking of transition I suppose. I have recently put all of my yoga training into application. I am now teaching asana "professionally" ? and almost full time. I have seen immediate results in muscle tone and reduction of body fat. Today I declared, enough is enough!!! my body deserves better, i am going vegan (transitioning to at least 50% raw, high blending juicing sprouting) and definitely following my long closeted dream of building lean muscle and becoming a top performing "athlete" in whatever way that takes shape and form (i used to watch body building competitions at my grandmothers house religiously, because she had cable of course, and always said i would do that when i grew up, i was also a powerlifter in middle school/high school)

I am still sketching out long term goals, i have no idea where to begin really. i feel so lost, so i am relying heavily on this forum and other vegan based fitness forums, and vegan raw food blogs and online communities.

what kind of goals do people set? to begin with, that is? i am more interested in calisthenics, have people had success giving more time proportionally to calisthenics vs. weights. im not opposed to weights but i am interested to see how much can be accomplished with calisthenics body-weight-resistance-training alone?

I know that I would like to build lean muscle mass, but i would also like to focus equally on cardio: tri's especially and have very low but healthy body fat. I'd like to reduce thigh fat, and most definitely increase strength, vo2, heart health, all around holistic wellness and optimum performance and output while promoting the vegan lifestyle, setting an example locally, being an advocate nationally and internationally. i would like to join others in speaking for the animals until finally, one day, we will collectively be tuned in enough to hear they have a very distinct and advanced language and message, and they are talking to us very clearly and complexly all the time.

I will definitely be participating and learning from you all! from both genders for sure! no doubt.
but i hope to learn specific things from the women especially!! right?

Anyhow, Here are a few photos marking the first day back as vegan, and two months of semi intensive daily yoga, but not yet having started anything, any regimen etc, during these two months i have been eating the same junk, with a few vegetable juices and raw fruits and veggies here and there, but mostly, because i am addicted to sugars oil and gluten, i've been eating heavily cooked dense highly oily foods and sweets sweets brownies cakes muffins, pastas breads etc. looks like the physical activity alone without modification in the diet was enough to show results. it will be interesting to see what happens when the diet shifts drastically, from cleanse to nutrient dense vegan/raw vegan lifestyle.

thanks for taking a looksie, if you have read this far, and looking forward to meeting you all/

EDIT *** BEFORE PICTURES ADDED BELOW

Image

Image

Image






AFTER: THIS EVENING

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:09 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Boston, MA
Welcome!!! I think you are looking great!

I am personally trying to go the more raw vegan route as well. I'm about 80% to 90% raw right now. It definitely takes some getting used to and adjustments, but I feel so much better when I eat raw then when I don't.

Also, I know this great guy who is a vegan athlete who focuses on Calisthenics. He has tons of videos and posts them on his Facebook page, his name is Frank Medrano and he is seriously inspirational. I would love to do some of the body weight exercises he does. His FB page is http://www.facebook.com/frank.medrano1 and you should check it out. He also has a web page that might help you get into the calisthenics as well, http://vegancalisthen-x.com/. He also has a interview on Cut and Jacked, http://www.cutandjacked.com/CutAndJacke ... nk-Medrano. There are a couple of raw vegan athletes too out there, one is Nathane Jackson, I also follow him on FB because he posts some recipes sometimes. Joanne Gero is another athlete who is raw. She also posts some recipes sometimes and her site is http://www.vibealive.ca/. Chana Serenity is another raw athlete. I'll end with a couple other athletes that I like to follow then leave you alone since I could keep going haha. Rich Roll and Claudia Lailhacar are both vegan athletes.

After writing all of that, I've realized how many vegan athletes that there actually are these days. It's actually pretty amazing. I remember 10 years ago when I made the transition how little food options I felt I had and how I didn't know of any vegan/vegetarians out there never mind athletes. And now there are so many. It's quite hopeful.

Hope I helped out some :D


Kim

_________________
You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 2357
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Welcome! Looks like you are making great progress already. If you have any questions about diet or routine, just ask around. :)

_________________
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
Great transformation thus far!

Keep up the awesome work!

For calisthenics check these guys out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXvAw96e ... ure=relmfu

All the very best!

See you around the forum.

-Robert

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 5
klouisjean wrote:
Welcome!!! I think you are looking great!

I am personally trying to go the more raw vegan route as well. I'm about 80% to 90% raw right now. It definitely takes some getting used to and adjustments, but I feel so much better when I eat raw then when I don't.

Also, I know this great guy who is a vegan athlete who focuses on Calisthenics. He has tons of videos and posts them on his Facebook page, his name is Frank Medrano and he is seriously inspirational. I would love to do some of the body weight exercises he does. His FB page is http://www.facebook.com/frank.medrano1 and you should check it out. He also has a web page that might help you get into the calisthenics as well, http://vegancalisthen-x.com/. He also has a interview on Cut and Jacked, http://www.cutandjacked.com/CutAndJacke ... nk-Medrano. There are a couple of raw vegan athletes too out there, one is Nathane Jackson, I also follow him on FB because he posts some recipes sometimes. Joanne Gero is another athlete who is raw. She also posts some recipes sometimes and her site is http://www.vibealive.ca/. Chana Serenity is another raw athlete. I'll end with a couple other athletes that I like to follow then leave you alone since I could keep going haha. Rich Roll and Claudia Lailhacar are both vegan athletes.

After writing all of that, I've realized how many vegan athletes that there actually are these days. It's actually pretty amazing. I remember 10 years ago when I made the transition how little food options I felt I had and how I didn't know of any vegan/vegetarians out there never mind athletes. And now there are so many. It's quite hopeful.

Hope I helped out some :D


Kim


KIM! Thank you so much, thank you for the thoughtful reply, this information has been tremendously helpful and so wonderful to meet you :-) congratulations on your progress/transition to raw! so cool, this shift is! I love all the inspiration one can find on this subject alone, the amount of awareness and desire to follow this path has definitely increased!

quite hopeful indeed!

hope youre doing well this evening!

blessings!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 5
Fallen_Horse wrote:
Welcome! Looks like you are making great progress already. If you have any questions about diet or routine, just ask around. :)


Fallen Horse, Thank you! I will definitely do so, thank you for the warm welcome!
blessings!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 5
robert wrote:
Great transformation thus far!

Keep up the awesome work!

For calisthenics check these guys out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXvAw96e ... ure=relmfu

All the very best!

See you around the forum.

-Robert



Robert! Thank you, I am looking forward to transforming along side everyone else. thank you! this link is incredibly helpful, i appreciate this so much. yes see you around! have a great evening!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi, brand new to everything/the forum
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Boston, MA
sekhinah wrote:
klouisjean wrote:
Welcome!!! I think you are looking great!

I am personally trying to go the more raw vegan route as well. I'm about 80% to 90% raw right now. It definitely takes some getting used to and adjustments, but I feel so much better when I eat raw then when I don't.

Also, I know this great guy who is a vegan athlete who focuses on Calisthenics. He has tons of videos and posts them on his Facebook page, his name is Frank Medrano and he is seriously inspirational. I would love to do some of the body weight exercises he does. His FB page is http://www.facebook.com/frank.medrano1 and you should check it out. He also has a web page that might help you get into the calisthenics as well, http://vegancalisthen-x.com/. He also has a interview on Cut and Jacked, http://www.cutandjacked.com/CutAndJacke ... nk-Medrano. There are a couple of raw vegan athletes too out there, one is Nathane Jackson, I also follow him on FB because he posts some recipes sometimes. Joanne Gero is another athlete who is raw. She also posts some recipes sometimes and her site is http://www.vibealive.ca/. Chana Serenity is another raw athlete. I'll end with a couple other athletes that I like to follow then leave you alone since I could keep going haha. Rich Roll and Claudia Lailhacar are both vegan athletes.

After writing all of that, I've realized how many vegan athletes that there actually are these days. It's actually pretty amazing. I remember 10 years ago when I made the transition how little food options I felt I had and how I didn't know of any vegan/vegetarians out there never mind athletes. And now there are so many. It's quite hopeful.

Hope I helped out some :D


Kim


KIM! Thank you so much, thank you for the thoughtful reply, this information has been tremendously helpful and so wonderful to meet you :-) congratulations on your progress/transition to raw! so cool, this shift is! I love all the inspiration one can find on this subject alone, the amount of awareness and desire to follow this path has definitely increased!

quite hopeful indeed!

hope youre doing well this evening!

blessings!



I'm glad I could help out some. :D I look forward to following your progress.

Good luck!!

Kim

_________________
You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group