VEGAN CHAINSAW GIRL pics and progress

Some photos from this week.

They will also serve as the "before photos" for my 2nd figure competition next Spring. First competition didn't go well...so I've bulked hard.... gained 20 lbs in 10 weeks.

Right now I'm 10 lbs bigger than I peaked at for the last show and its just the beginning of hard training after a couple easy months to get my sleep back on track. Currently 140lbs. Gonna go to 150lbs over the next couple months and then start cutting.

I do have my fallers and buckers certification. Didn't want to do the usual "this is me curling 5lb dumbbells" pictures. Wanted to show the practical uses of being a strong person.

All photos done by my friend Adam Lockwood.

vegan7.jpg.6b7d1eb75ff8496023426bc146844fc2.jpg

vegan5.jpg.05b0931a459e2defaa8051a4f6a7fe15.jpg

vegan6.jpg.fbea1a87df9b7a33120ec89366d2aed0.jpg

Edited by precision female

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulders and delts...actually a weak spot for me. I worked backstage at the Canadian Nationals last month and those girls had double the upper body mass. So now I am really focusing on shoulder development.

The trick is having a strong posture that uses the lats to keep the shoulders wide and back. Which creates a dramatic v-taper and shoulder width. Without good posture my shoulders are pretty average.

Lateral raises, front raises, overhead, back cross pulley, shrugs kinda stuff. Lots of drop sets.

Edited by precision female

My delts did wonders on the Military Press on the Smith Machine, the bar just misses my nose! - thus it is to the front of me/alittle forward of my delts so it hits the front and middle delts the most/the ones you can see from the front for the judges. And I do front raises using the MaxRack Barbell. Drop sets are good - make the delts burn, as mine seem to grow when I do sets till failure, while descending the weights. Don't forget to do Rear Delt Flyles also - with either dumbbells or reverse on the Pec Machine, to make an all over round appearance.

Love the Vegan on the gray short shorts. (Love the term Bulker's Butt!) Did you have someone sew that on a pair of shorts for you? or can you buy those already done? and the Vegan on the little jacket is so sweet!

I buy most of my clothes 2nd hand. Not into expensive stuff, and then I paint the vegan word on with acrylic paint myself. I have a steady hand!

I find the lactic acid build up in my shoulders can last over 20 minutes. It doesn't dissappear after a few seconds like with other body parts. Then I get frustrated. I also broke rib cartilage last year and for 6 months shoulder/chest stuff was painful and I might not have been pushing them to the max. But I'm into it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You definitely have a solid frame and foundation going on.

It also sounds like you are putting in some serious work for the next competition. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress. It will be inspiring to others on the forum.

Don't get discouraged from your last competition. Because of all the effort that you're clearly putting into gaining more lbm, you'll be that much more of a presence come show time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ya...I do have a tiny waist...

5 ft 8.5

Since this picture I've been extremely sick. Haven't been to the gym in 10 days. I OD'd on sleep meds and rather than being extra sleepy I went 38hrs with no sleep having trouble breathing and my whole body shaking and had slurred speech and couldn't walk. Its way beyond depression. I will only take pills if its life threatening and even then there's a moral battle over animal tested meds and I usually don't take them and things get worse.