Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Raw vegan progress
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 am 
Rabbit

I decided to cut my calories back to around 3000 and add in some cardio. My weight fluctuates a lot from day to day (week to week), sometimes 10 pounds or so in one day. So using the scale to monitor progress isn't even as reliable as it is for most people (where it's still not very reliable). So I'm going to use the before/after progress photo's to keep myself accountable. After my first week of cutting back my cals it was really tough to see my lifts stop progressing almost entirely. I've still managed to add in a rep or two here and there, but my heart kind of sinks every time I do a workout and don't see any measurable progress at all. I plan to cut through December. In January I'm starting a strength class where I'm going to be focusing on learning more about power lifting, so I'll likely be taking in at least 4000 cals/day again at that point. So regardless of how lean I am when January comes around the cals/day are going to sky rocket again.

This is after 3 week of cutting. I'll probably wait another 3 weeks or so before I check back to see if there is any progress.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RawVegaCaliBB

Last edited by Justin Morgan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Raw vegan progress
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 am 
Rabbit

Something really needs to change man, that is not a good look. I mean it in the nicest way possible of course. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Pix:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29165

Training:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29188

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:44 am 
Rabbit

Umm, I can take criticism and all, but I don't think I was able to get the images to go through.... Were you somehow able to see them?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am 
Rabbit

Right click... view image. I am not sure why it isn't showing properly.

Pix:

Training:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 am 
Rabbit

I used photo bucket and then just copied the url, should I have done something differently there?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am 
Rabbit

There are 2 codes you can use, right? One for forums and one for direct links IIRC. Try using the other code?

Pix:

Training:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am 
Elephant

Justin Morgan wrote:
I decided to cut my calories back to around 3000 and add in some cardio. My weight fluctuates a lot from day to day (week to week), sometimes 10 pounds or so in one day. So using the scale to monitor progress isn't even as reliable as it is for most people (where it's still not very reliable). So I'm going to use the before/after progress photo's to keep myself accountable. After my first week of cutting back my cals it was really tough to see my lifts stop progressing almost entirely. I've still managed to add in a rep or two here and there, but my heart kind of sinks every time I do a workout and don't see any measurable progress at all. I plan to cut through December. In January I'm starting a strength class where I'm going to be focusing on learning more about power lifting, so I'll likely be taking in at least 4000 cals/day again at that point. So regardless of how lean I am when January comes around the cals/day are going to sky rocket again.

This is after 3 week of cutting. I'll probably wait another 3 weeks or so before I check back to see if there is any progress.

Have you tracked your weight (and waist) from before the cut up to now? If your waist is shrinking, that means you are losing fat. If your weight is staying the same, that means you are gaining muscle while losing the fat. Those two measurements alone can be very helpful when you are on a fat loss / muscle gain program.