Ectomorph newbie, w/ monthly updates...

I wanted to document my transformation on here. Just started getting active again, this would be pretty much "normal" shape for me... I have probably never been much bigger than this, although the flash hides a lot of definition. Nonetheless, you get the idea.

I will be using the next month to transition towards a mostly raw diet, and also transition away from marijuana smoking. I hope to stick with it for at least a year and see how much mass I can gain, if any. I think I am about as "ectomorph" as it gets, so...

Without further ado, here's the foundation I'm working with...

vbb1.thumb.jpg.fa2f481f973af9818fce59540a8cdb9b.jpg

vbb2.thumb.jpg.3b5e1f34bb18c41f293d003746170c3e.jpg

vbb3.thumb.jpg.3ccabb85da8f836f085c683f3c7e1700.jpg

Good luck matey.

I was a similar size to you when i started out (about a year ago) and now I'm coming along good. Don't forget that with your build working out is going to be useless without a really good diet. I am eating a LOT these days and still only gaining slow mass so make sure you look at the make up of your diet and plan where your going to get the fats and proteins (and calories) you need.

Good luck though buddy and I look forward to seeing the progress

Hey,

Eating a lot of nutritious food is the absolute most important thing in the beginning. I learned this the hard way. For about a year I was on this raw/vegetable thing where I thought I could just eat very clean and raw and body build and get big. But my weight only went down.

After changing my diet around and adding lots of oats, rice, tempeh, pb & j, etc... within a month or two months I was able to put on about 20 pounds of almost pure muscle. That was a major breakthrough.

And since then everything is just about *eat lots of good food and workout your muscles*

Don't need any special trendy routine... just make sure you work out all your muscles every week. And make sure your macros for food are ample and steady.

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was supposed to post more pics a week ago now, but maybe it's not necessary. I think I notice a difference in tone and definition, but not enough to be obvious. I have definitely gotten stronger though, as my weight and reps have increased to where I'm doing 12-15 reps of a weight I couldn't even push up once when I tried two or three weeks ago.

I haven't transitioned to a vegan diet, instead eating about the same amount of meat for main meals and just a lot of fruit meals inbetween. That's another reason I wonder if I should even bother posting pics, but maybe it's okay to add some every 3 or 4 months. Since I'm not even trying to be vegan though, I guess it doesn't belong.

One thing this did do is make me realize how much I love bananas, strawberries, and drinking water... but I'm a little paranoid about going vegan, especially raw vegan as I find it very difficult to snack on raw vegetables. I tried to eat a bowl of cucumber and mushrooms, and half way through felt like I swallowed a bar of soap. I haven't found a place to get bulk nuts etc, but right now it's seeming full raw is just not possible.

Hey man, I'm an endomorph so I know how it is... coming from the other side I have to eat a pre-teen calorie deficit to get lean but it's working and I'm seeing great results. Far as Ecto's go, I herd you just need to eat a LOT, like 5000+ calories a day and lift heavy with low reps, no cardio what so ever.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

cheers.

Just force the food in. I went from 165lbs to 225 in roughly a year and a half. Eating is practically a full time job for me. 7 meals a day (roughly every 2-3 hours) I eat until my stomach hurts. I am vegan though. I eat a tone of tofu and seitan for protein and also some potatoes. Also eat a lot of raw veggies such as bell peppers, tomatoes, and celery. A banana a day, a huge bowl of cereal every morning. It's not hard to put on some muscle, you just have to give it the fuel. Good luck! It took me a couple years to figure out just how much I had to eat. I also realized I couldn't possibly eat enough to do marathon running and body building. one or the other.

Just force the food in. I went from 165lbs to 225 in roughly a year and a half. Eating is practically a full time job for me. 7 meals a day (roughly every 2-3 hours) I eat until my stomach hurts. I am vegan though. I eat a tone of tofu and seitan for protein and also some potatoes. Also eat a lot of raw veggies such as bell peppers, tomatoes, and celery. A banana a day, a huge bowl of cereal every morning. It's not hard to put on some muscle, you just have to give it the fuel. Good luck! It took me a couple years to figure out just how much I had to eat. I also realized I couldn't possibly eat enough to do marathon running and body building. one or the other.

Evader is right. You just have to eat. This is a dream for Endomorphs because we have a huge appetite by default. By all means stuff your face, lift heavy, and get tons of rest. I also recommend L-Glutamine.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so 4 months in and I am doing everything wrong... missing workouts, missing meals, missing sleep. Seems like it was a full time job when I was doing well, and I did go up about 15 pounds, but now am down 8 from that. Unless I can get on schedule, progress will be slow to non-existant. Also can't find my camera...