Fitness progress pics from non-vegan to vegan...

http://i46.tinypic.com/35bdu6s.jpg My non-vegan "before" picture. Eating 6xs a day, high protein, low carbs. Lifted 5xs a week. Not really doing any cardio.

http://i48.tinypic.com/kbanuq.jpg After turning vegan a few months after the before pic. Cardio and intervals, lift weights 3-4xs a week. I started juicing my veggies and fruits too. I feel so much better and enjoy food more

I'm new to this forum so decided to check it out and upload progress pictures like everyone else. haha I recently committed to being vegan after a lot of relapsing. I was too caught up on getting protein which made it hard for me to commit. I didn't feel that great during my meatless intense weight training days. I built muscle in all the right places and I felt strong and looked good. But I still wasn't happy. After making the change, I am feeling better than ever. I'm not even concerned about looks anymore and I feel like my food variety is much bigger and healthier. Why did it take me this long to commit!

Now I can eat at Chaco Canyon everyday

But, I still would like to cut up. I have my workouts all figured out. But the food I'm still concerned about. The high protein foods in a vegan diet is also high in carbs. Is there a high protein food that is low in carbs, not too processed and not tofu/soy?!

Did you want my sample diet and routine? I'll try my best to write one out. My routine just changed starting this week to a fat burning program so I don't know how that will go. But the one I had before was a muscle building program which was like :

Monday: Back/Chest

Tuesday: Shoulders/quads

Wednesday: Hams/Arms

Thursday:Cardio strength

Friday:cardio

Saturday: Full body

Sunday:Rest. And I did 30 min cardio/intervals on a empty stomach about 3-4xs a week. My rep range was 8-12 and 3 sets.

I stopped measuring my food and eating the same thing since I committed to being vegan but the foods I ate were quinoa, Ezekiel bread, avocado, kale, fruits, pea protein, beans, faux meats, yams, vegan protein baked goods, oats, green veggies for example. I eat out a lot so its tough to calculate now. haha Had a protein shake about 2-3xs a day and juiced a lot. Tried to eat about 1470 cals a day. Hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...