Mugen's Progress Pics

Hello, I am currently at month 4 of my vegan diet and at month 9 of my training program.

Gluten-free Vegan Diet. My weight has increased from 140 to 145. I'm hoping to get into the 150's by summer.

Krav Maga, Yoga and body-weight calisthenics are my tools for training.

I'll post a new pic every few months! I need to find an older one with my shirt off as well...

Thanks,

Mugen

1323361426_month4.jpg.1ae6785a43003916bd1756581dde1954.jpg

Month 4.

well you got that lean mean body of yours there..I am impressed..mind sharing your diet and workout log bro..

keep it up

Thanks Maverick!

Well, my diet and exercise logs are kept on iPhone apps. But I can give you a summary sample (basically what it is). I try to stay consistent with the diet, but there are always little tweaks to try. My workout routines are consistent for a month or two, then I will switch it up.

Current workouts are:

Monday- Advanced level Yoga class 60 min., followed by a high-intensity ABS class for 30 min.

Tuesday- 2 hours of Krav Maga training

Wednesday- 1 hour of Krav training and/or body weight strength training

Thursday- 2 hours of Krav Maga training

Friday- 1 hour of sparring

Saturday- Usually hiking or skiing! If not...I'll do 1-2 hours of Krav Maga training or body weight strength training.

Sunday- REST

I'm about to shift focus to Krav more for the next month or so.

My usual diet is around 3500-4000 calories, here is a sample:

Breakfast #1- Fruit smoothie with Vega One powder, bowl of buckwheat and hemp cereal with coconut milk

Breakfast #2- Large bowl of oatmeal and a large bowl of mixed fruit

Lunch- Usually a very large salad, Vega Sport chocolate protein bar

Afternoon snack- Seed snack bar or nuts, couple servings of fruit and possibly a Vega Sport protein shake with water

Post-Training- Vega Sport Recovery drink mix and/or Protein shake with water (depends on training type and intensity)

Dinner- Usually veggie based like a veggie lentil soup, some seed crackers and grilled asparagus...or something like that.

Before bed- Usually something sweet here like a Vega Sport protein bar or a baked good from our local GF Vg bakery (yum!). Could be a protein smoothie or shake depending on training and intensity.

On days I don't train, I scale back my calories a bit to aid digestion. Also trying to reduce the amount of "product" I consume by finding simpler alternatives.

Like I said, I'm always changing things up a bit to examine the results. But never too much too fast...my body doesn't react well to drastic changes.

I would appreciate any thoughts!!

-Mugen

Awesome results. keep up the good work! Good to see lots of fruit in the mix and working for you too. I got a few quick questions; do you use any oils in cooking your food? Also is that breakfast#1 OR breakfast#2 or do you have both in one day?

good ol' seattle...love the place for vegan treats! wayward cafe and is the pizza place across the road. well it used to be til i gave up the vegan (mock meat) junk food!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

veganMT - I use oils here and there...extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and hemp oils at the moment. I may explore this more as I'm getting a little more creative with my cooking! I eat 2 breakfasts everyday.

I have the test to get into Level 3 Krav Maga in about a month. It's a 6-hour test and is pretty brutal... Needless to say, my diet and training are ramping up considerably for that! I'm at about 4,000 calories a day to maintain my weight.

C.O. - I'm still looking for an older photo...when I moved/divorced I kinda deleted most of my old pics! I think I know where to get one...will post soon.

• 2 months later...