Can't stop eating!!!

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Carrie Anne
Finch

Can't stop eating!!!

#1 Postby Carrie Anne » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:23 am

Hi Guys! :D

I have been vegan for years, but have eaten vegetarian when out occasionally. I lost weight after travelling from boxing :boxer: and have started muscle building because I want to be as healthy as possible, and hopefully get my muscles on stage next year!!!

My problem is that I am feeling quite heavy and fat (I know I'm not fat by the way) Its just when I am building muscle and my pants are getting tighter, I'm feeling horrible and just want to get back to my comfortable 'skinny fat' body.

How can I 1. stop the 'muffin top' creeping over my pants and 2. control my eating because I eat sooooo much while I'm training?

I have read the vegan nutrition posts and that has taught me so much, thanks!!

Regards,
Carrie
Attachments
IMAG1559_1.jpg
This is recent (my 4th week)
IMAG1559_1.jpg (59.75 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
IMAG1543_1.jpg
This is 3 weeks after I started a weights program...
IMAG1543_1.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
IMAG1054-1.jpg
Before I started building muscle, I had lost a few kilos and was at this stage from boxing.
IMAG1054-1.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 5922 times

Glasvegan
Rabbit

Re: Can't stop eating!!!

#2 Postby Glasvegan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 pm

You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?
www.plantpowerednomad.com

A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.
—Leo Tolstoy

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#3 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 pm

cut carbs increase protein/fat. HIIT training.
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

Carrie Anne
Finch

#4 Postby Carrie Anne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:28 am

Glasvegan wrote:You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?

Thanks, I appreciate your encouraging words! I am thinking that it was more the amount I ate at some meals that was making me fat and exercise wasn't helping at this stage because I was stuffing myself and slowing the digestive process. I also eat more on the rest days! Our body must need more food for recovery process on rest days :)
Balance, you use a great word there, I think it is all about balance. I have started today preparing clean meals for the week and I will get into a stable routine :wink:

Carrie Anne
Finch

#5 Postby Carrie Anne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:31 am

jungleinthefrunk wrote:cut carbs increase protein/fat. HIIT training.

Great, thanks for the information, much appreciated. I have done my meals this week with less carbs, and started HIIT today :D

Cellar Yeti
Gorilla

#6 Postby Cellar Yeti » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm

I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.
Live cautiously to make it safely to death

Marloon
Rabbit

#7 Postby Marloon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:01 am

Cellar Yeti wrote:I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.

strong > This
Profile pic: (more will be added eventually!)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/nkia.png/

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”