Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can't stop eating!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:23 am 
Finch

Hi Guys! :D

I have been vegan for years, but have eaten vegetarian when out occasionally. I lost weight after travelling from boxing :boxer: and have started muscle building because I want to be as healthy as possible, and hopefully get my muscles on stage next year!!!

My problem is that I am feeling quite heavy and fat (I know I'm not fat by the way) Its just when I am building muscle and my pants are getting tighter, I'm feeling horrible and just want to get back to my comfortable 'skinny fat' body.

How can I 1. stop the 'muffin top' creeping over my pants and 2. control my eating because I eat sooooo much while I'm training?

I have read the vegan nutrition posts and that has taught me so much, thanks!!

Regards,
Carrie

Attachments:
File comment: This is recent (my 4th week)
IMAG1559_1.jpg
IMAG1559_1.jpg [ 59.75 KiB | Viewed 2876 times ]
File comment: This is 3 weeks after I started a weights program...
IMAG1543_1.jpg
IMAG1543_1.jpg [ 70.13 KiB | Viewed 2876 times ]
File comment: Before I started building muscle, I had lost a few kilos and was at this stage from boxing.
IMAG1054-1.jpg
IMAG1054-1.jpg [ 21.2 KiB | Viewed 2876 times ]

Post subject: Re: Can't stop eating!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 pm 
Rabbit

You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 pm 
Elephant

cut carbs increase protein/fat. HIIT training.

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:28 am 
Finch

Glasvegan wrote:
You look awesome to me, wish my abs were that far along. Surely exercise is cutting down the muffin top as it's toning? My appetite spikes massively when I exercise too, but I generally tend to cut down on fats and carbs and up on veg and liquids to balance it out. Curiously I find my rest days to be the ones where I can't stop eating all day. It might just need time to balance?

Thanks, I appreciate your encouraging words! I am thinking that it was more the amount I ate at some meals that was making me fat and exercise wasn't helping at this stage because I was stuffing myself and slowing the digestive process. I also eat more on the rest days! Our body must need more food for recovery process on rest days :)
Balance, you use a great word there, I think it is all about balance. I have started today preparing clean meals for the week and I will get into a stable routine :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:31 am 
Finch

jungleinthefrunk wrote:
cut carbs increase protein/fat. HIIT training.

Great, thanks for the information, much appreciated. I have done my meals this week with less carbs, and started HIIT today :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm 
Gorilla

I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:01 am 
Rabbit

Cellar Yeti wrote:
I like to calorie and carb cycle. It's great for diet adherence with a reward-type structure. On my lifting days I get to eat lots, on my off days not so much. It works great because on days are when I am snackiest.

Example. My TDEE is 3,000kcal, give or take. I eat 2,500 on off days and 3,500 on exercise days. I drop carbs to about 150g on off days and double them on exercise days. Intermittent fasting helps a lot with hunger control too.

Either way you look great.

strong > This

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/nkia.png/