Lost 20 pounds but now I'm stuck.

Hi there. I'm now 31 years old. 3 years ago I was 220 pounds and really fat. Then I got a problem with my tooth, which required a surgery and lost about 50 pounds in a few months. I was vegetarian at the time, but I ate very unhealthy. After I lost some weight I listened to a friend's advice to start training ( I was never into sports before that). I started with fitness, then running. It wasn't until last summer, when I got consulted by a nutritionist and got an individual program. It was two weeks of raw food with a 3 day water fasting in between and gradually including some cooked food. I list another 25 pounds and I'm currently at 157 pounds, whch sounds good considering I'm 5' 9" tall. The problem is that about 18% of that are fat and they don't seem to decrease (i got them to 14% during the fasting period). I do a similar but shorter periods 3-4 times a year and this Summer did one a bit longer, but only lasted 1 day on water.

However, I seem to be stuck at some point and I don't see any progress (at least not in my front area )

Here's a set of photos I have taken through the years.

tr.jpg.42f81430952c400af848ff8a61fc97c4.jpg

And a photo of my back (just took it. I don't have begore photos, but I do like what's happening there (at least above the waist).

back.thumb.jpg.6ff0d2e41ba21372d0e077cfa0e2db1f.jpg

08.2013 back photo

I usually go to the gym 3 times a Week, but recently started going only two times, as I'm learning how to swim and go to the pool at least 2 times a week and also I was on raw food diet too. I also go to the local stadium and do some cardio (mostly rope jumping). I'm now planning to increase my power training to 3 times a week.

I do have some bowel issues (IBS) and a pretty nerve wrecking job (I do work at home most of the time though, but stay up late).

Main problems :

1. I eat late in the evening and usually crave sweet or fatty food - dates and bananas, or even those raw truffels I make (raw nuts and dried fruit and cocoa powder).

2. I sometimes forget to hydrate and end up drinking water not more than 5 minutes before a meal (not during or after).

3. I sometimes overeat - get hungry and eat too much on one meal.

4. I don't sleep well (probably because of IBS, stress and late night meals)

I do some yoga to relieve stress, nut not every day. I also should confess that up until now I've been a vegetarian (and still am) - I do eat some milk products, but not eggs. I have decided to stop eating cheese and milk and only use some raw butter only after cooking. I have decided to ditch gluten completely too.

Here's my diet :

Breakfast - carrot and ginger juice 500ml with some spirulina and/or pea protein

Some fruit and/or/or not raw chockolate "truffels" about 30 minutes after that.

Lunch : some steamed veggies/ rice/quinoa and some legumes, nicely boiled in a pressure cooker + raw veggies and nuts

Dinner is the same as lunch, with some fruit and raw chockolates ot a protein shake before that.

What goes wrong? Well - I sometimes wake up at 11AM, so the whole thing gets stretched to a 21PM or later dinne, which is BAD. I also forget to drink water sometimes and I also forget meals when I'm under a lot of work stress. I also eat a lot, especially on dinner, as It's usually after my fitness training. I do have a protein shake right after the workout, but that doesn't help my wolve's appetite. I also have to eat outside sometimes, which means I eat salt+modified fats, no matter how hard I try not to.

I recently have replaced one of my protein shakes (sometimes two) or the raw salad with a tomato-nutritional yeast-pea protein shake with lemon juice in it.

So basically - I try to eat a lot of protein, combined with carbs and some fat (mostly from the nuts/avocados and some butter), I try not to eat salt (I haven't eaten any salt, incl. hidden salt in two weeks now).

My goal - to be healthy and to reduce those 18% of fat to about 11-12% (I'm being realistic for now). Oh, and a six pack some time in the future, if that's actually possible with my life style and withut the help of "medications"

Thank you for the motivation man! I do think I have a long way to go though. I need to bulk up a bit without adding too much belly fat, which in my case is almost impossible, or so I think.

My typical routine is 5-10 minutes cardio, some warmup and then 1 hour (sometimes more) training. I'm wondering if I should shorten my training sesions and go to the gym more often. My trainer thinks that 3 times a week is more than enough for me.