Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hi & before and after
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:14 am 
Finch

greetings, this is going to be a introduction, a story and a couple pictures
so basically about a year ago, i had a somewhat destructive view on health, and eating, i was basically afraid to was anything, the mindset being calories are bad, i wasn't overweight or anything, quite the opposite, and i'm sure it definately wasnt healthy for me

i wasnt annorexic, though i perhaps did have a slight eating disorder, who knows

anyway, so as i was saying, a little over a year ago i decided to do research, and try to achieve a healthier physique, learn more constructive nutritional stuff, and all around just get healthier, and gain muscle so i could stop being such a skinny twig
so i started doing some workouts at home, with a light weight i bought from a sports shop, and bodyweight exercises, mainly different types of pushups
i gave up on the weight pretty quickly, but i went on and off of doing basically 3x 20-40 pushups at night before bed (it increased as time went on),this became irregular to the point where it wasnt helpfull at all

i was doing this also without a good diet, or nutritional plan, still not eating alot, so i'm sure it wasnt helping much

about 6 months on, after being quite stagnant, i purchased some equipment to use at home, a bench press, an ez curl bar w/ weights and adjustable weights (the ez curl was used for bench press also)
so i used that for about a month, then got bored of it
a couple months later, say 2 or 3, after sitting on thoughts of gaining weight, and getting a healthier physique, i spent time researching further into nutrition, and exercise, anyway, at this time i started studying, the place i was studying at had a free gym for students and staff, needless to say i was very nervous about joining, considering how skinny, and weak i was, , i basically went zombie mode so i couldn't talk myself out of joining, after this everything went uphill i think, i joined the gym and i went hardcore on the nutrtitional side for a good 3 months (i kept going to the gym after that, i just relaxed on the macros) and i was getting stronger, particularly in legs
it was a massively good influence on my studies also, alot of times when i just didnt want to do the commute there, i would go anyway because i enjoyed the gym

anyway, here i am now, after going to that gym for about 5 or 6 months, my studying has finished, so i don't go there anymore, for now, untill i'm able to make the commute to a good gym, i'm back to doing bodyweight, and stuff on the bench & with dumbbells, not quite as good as a gym, but it's good enough for now, right now i'm fairly relaxed on the diet, i just try to eat as much as i can during the day, maybe throw some protein powder in somewhere, and a good meal with good macros, but not really fussed, as long as i eat enough in a day, i'm sure i'll re-focus once i'm able to join a gym again

so there, right now i'm fairly happy with the way my physique is progressing, i'm still quite skinny and have also gained a little fat from the whole food vaccuum thing, but i'm not too fussed about that

right now my goals are
do core much more reliably, i have barely hit core at all since starting, i'd like to start doing it every 2nd day, right now i've been doing it maybe once a week
do more leg work - since i left the gym i haven't really been able to hit legs, due to a certain flexibility issue, i can't do the usual squats, lunges, deadlifts very well, right now i'm involved in a sport that works the legs fairly well once a week though, i don't think it's enough
go harder?
forearms
continue improving everything else

here's some photos, the first was taken (according to the date on the photo, i'm not sure if it's accurate) on the 5/5/13, and the other was taken today
apologies for the photoshopping, i'd like to remain anonymous (i promise to take better photos in the future too lol), i wish i had taken a side-angle too, so i could compare chest aswell
about 7 months apart i think?
from the photos, you can see in the first one, you can see i'm very skinny, you can see my rips poking out at the sides, and between my chest, aswell as more defined muscles, and a thinner waistline
on the second, you can see larger arms, slightly more fat everythwere, and a little more chest muscle covering those ribs in the first picture (is it just me or can you guys tell that from these photos?), and that cave-in area between the shoulders and pecs is filled out (or maybe it's just lighting?)

thanks for reading & looking, i'd appreciate some feedback too

Post subject: Re: hi & before and after
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 pm 
VBB Moderator

Nice work, you can definitely seen a big progression. You can even see the chest improvement from the front.

As far as legs go you'll need to do more than just a sports activity once a week. Figure out what exorcizes you are able to do and get in at least 3x a week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:43 pm 
Elephant

good progress there :D keep it up an good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
Finch

Hi C.O, yeah, i agree, when i was at the gym, i was hitting them twice a week on the machines, and twice with my sport, but yeah, i gotta find something

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:21 pm 
Finch

hey guys, just an update, i just weighed myself, and it looks like i've gained between 7-8 kilos since about 6 months ago (about 15-18 pounds), going from around 72 kilos to 80( about 158 to 176)
i'm surprised, i didnt think i had gained that much, i don't feel like i've gained that much in fat though, but i have gained some fat too which i'm beginning to become self conscious about
anyway,. over the past 6 months i have been "bulking" well, as best as i can,

anyways, any advice? i feel like the sensible thing would be to bulk for like another 6 months, because i'm still kinda skinny, but the belly fat is starting to get to me lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:07 pm 
VBB Moderator

That's huge man, nice work!