15 Months of Gettin Big

Hey all!

I started lifting in December 2012, weighed 123 lbs and I had some slow beginnings. Around March of 2013 I started getting my bearings and started getting more serious about powerlifting. Between working out and not having a solid idea about my calorie intake, I was losing weight and then really struggling to keep what I had on and to add more.

This past month or so I've really broken that plateau and I'm finally up to 140 lbs. Granted, I've lost a little definition along with it but I'm just happy to see numbers goin up all around. I hadn't initially planned for a "cutting" phase, and I have a feeling that in a few weeks when its warm enough for me to go for runs and bike rides outside I wont have to think about cutting because it's likely that some of this weight will just start falling off me (as it has in the past). I'm hoping I can keep at least a few solid pounds of it, though, even when summer and cardio for fun start coming back

So here's my first true progress pics! I'm not sure how different I look in the pictures, but all of my clothes fit really differently now and overall I'm extremely pleased with where I've gotten recently. I'm not sure I could've done it without all of the support and help from everyone here on the forum, so thanks guys! This one's for you!

FrontProgress15Months.thumb.jpg.c3340fe3cac0a7de2f18417535877dee.jpg

BackProgress15Months.thumb.jpg.eb5b137fc69ff33cf654696aa447fd8e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone!!!

Things currently are still going great - struggling a little to keep the new weight on but I knew that some of it would start falling off when my cardio picked up a little bit more with the nice weather. The plus side to that is my abs are starting to peek back out a little, but ideally I'm going to keep puttin on the pounds for a little while longer. Strength continues to progress, so I've got no complaints!! Just happy livin, happy eating, and happy lifting