YT: My 6-month Street workout progress

My first video is up now.

I´ve been working out for 9 months now (with another 6 months of conditioning and prehab in the gym).

I've done a lot of sports before, most of them related to calisthenics) and I'm almost 40 so the progress has been very fast here.

Check it out. Feedback is appreciated.

Music recorded and mixed by me.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Man, that was awesome. What is your training schedule like? Music's not my jam but hey everything else was awesome.

Sorry for the late response. And thank you for yours.

I train everyday. 2 hours minimum. I go for tricks so I train accordingly with specific progressions now.

Strength training mostly. Also flexibility, joints and martial arts. Now preparing for tricking. I also warm up for 20-30 minutes as I'm too old for serious injuries haha. I just listen to my body and have some rest days when I feel like so.

I'm almost 40 y/o but I've done lots of similar sports like capoeira and martial arts so I think your background is key when it comes to bodyweight control.

Progressing too fast may be dangerous for some people. I've seen 1-year calisthenics athletes in competitions and I was floored haha so I guess it's all about what you've done before.

That said, I feel I was progressing a bit too fast for my joints so I lowered it down a tad now and found out I was even stronger. Rest is important, too. Sometimes I overlook that.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Ahah after watching a minute I felt so unfit. Congrats, that's seriously impressive.

thank you!! It's appreciated.

I'm now training 3 days a week only and recovering Progressing though. I found some rest weeks, or even days, can boost your energy.

Straddle planche. Check. Can't wait for vacations to shoot the 1-year progress video haha.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
What kind of exercises do you do? Can you post a typical program for a week?

Honestly, I train for strength and tricks. I don't follow any specific routine. The only routines are for progressions iin case I'm going for a difficult move like the planche.

• 7 months later...

This is amazingly impressive. I have switched from weight training to calisthenics just recently and still have a long way to go.

I work upper body twice a week, and legs/core one day in the middle. Like everything I guess it is just about patience and persistence.