Pamela's before and afters :)

Post your before and after photos here. Share success stories and show your progress. This is also the section to post up your videos.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

brahmanya devi
Rabbit

#16 Postby brahmanya devi » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:15 am

so cool :cheers: :thumbright:

robert
Site Admin

#17 Postby robert » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:24 am

This is an awesome transformation! Well done girl!!!! Very inspiring photos!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Barb
Rabbit

#18 Postby Barb » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:28 am

Yes very inspiring especially since I have more than thirty to lose. You look healthy. That is what I am striving for; a healthy weight loss.

Your tummy is so nice and flat. How did you change your diet to lose that weight and what was your exercise routein?

pamela
Elephant

#19 Postby pamela » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Barb, when I first went vegan I just let myself eat whatever I wanted. My weight seemed normal even at it's highest, so I didn't even realize how heavy I was looking until a coworker who has no tact at all pointed it out. But I'm glad he did. I started out by exercising three times a week for half an hour on the elliptical, and eventually upped it until I was doing six times a week.

At the same time, I started tracking my caloric and vitamin/nutrient intake on www.fitday.com. I also cut calories, so that I was only eating about 1,400-1,600 a day at first, and gradually ramped it up as my activity level increased. The increase in my activity level sped up my metabolism. I started focusing on packing as much nutrition as possible into the calories that I had, using fitday as my guide.

That took me down 15 pounds. Then, I started running. That took me down the next 15 pounds in a very short time, and also enabled me to eat WAY more food! :) I don't track my calories any more except for on occasion. The running is what has made me lean. I currently run 40-50 km a week, and I do weights/crunches maybe three times a week.

I'm not a big woman in the first place, I was a small, slight woman who put on a lot of fat due to inactivity and too many calories. I'm not sure exactly how my stomach got so flat, I think part of it is I don't have a lot of body fat on me period due to exercise and diet, and another part is just how I'm built.

The cornerstone of my diet is a 16 ounce smoothie I consume every day that includes two servings of salad greens, soy milk, kale, fruit (strawberries, banana, pineapple, berries, etc.), fruit juice, VEGA, maca, and sometimes wheatgrass juice and chia/salba. I also eat kale, spinach or broccoli every day. I eat a full dinner, but I graze all day until that point which keeps my metabolism ramped up.

Hope that helps. :)

hsorlando
Elephant

#20 Postby hsorlando » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Great transformation! I don't think my stomach will ever be that flat! I've also started running, so what you posted gives me hope about losing a bit more weight. Thanks!

Tasha
Stegosaurus

#21 Postby Tasha » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Well done Pamela !!
I'm glad you posted your pictures
You're a true inspiration on people :D
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

kwikfile
Finch

Re: Pamela's before and afters :)

#22 Postby kwikfile » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:30 am

Pam,

Your pics are very inspiring!
I am a dude trying to loose weight, you are my second post, another girl out there (Lizzy) I think. But you are both Hot! Again not a pick up line intention. Just being truthful. I had doubts that vegan diet could help me loose weigt, you proved that wrong. This site is just awesome and positive.

C

VeganHisPanic
Rabbit

#23 Postby VeganHisPanic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 am

Amazing, great job. :thumbleft:

RobertSupreme
Manatee

#24 Postby RobertSupreme » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Woah :shock: Transformation or what?

Must feel amazing! You sure look pleased :D
The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be seperated. ~ Plato

pamela
Elephant

#25 Postby pamela » Sat May 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I missed a few comments in my absence. Than you. :)

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#26 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:16 am

You do look fantastic! It's inspiring for someone like me who is also working to drop excess weight and get healthy. :)
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

GreenChili
Rabbit

#27 Postby GreenChili » Sat May 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Holy cow! Well done!

Return to “Before/After Photos & Progress Photos & Videos”