tuc's results so far (new "before" pic)

Thanks mates for the compliments, and thx Gaia for the tips! I try to use a mirror but it's just not that easy... and I should try to use different lighting ect., maybe you'll see if it works in muscle contests!

There was a large article of me and my eating habits in a paper, a pic of the article here:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/DSC05141-1.jpg

A trained nutritionist said that I eat very healthy food, and a senior researcher specialized in environmental impact of food production said that pretty much everything in my diet is positive.

The article is about different ways to reduce CO2 emissions by changing eating habits. I think my diet was considered the best. There was also a freegan, a flexarian and low carbon (not low carb but low CO2) diet person in that paper.

If you insist I can translate the article. But you have to ask for it, I won't do it if no one is interested.

Awesome!

So happy for you and so proud of you!

Congratulations my friend! Very well done!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TUC that is freakin awesome + the pic of you all leaned out too

Dude put such a smile to my mornin. How can I say something negative with actual NEWS like this? Of course i'd love to read the translation of it. I can do a babbefish on it and get some silly roundabout translation though if it's too much for ya.

Once again dude C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, this is awesome!

I'm not going to ask you to translate the whole thing but it would be nice if you could sum it up, and what does the low carbon people eat if not vegan?

I bet this is good for your political career!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tuc! I see hard work pays off... funny thing is people think vegans can't build muscle.... oh ha ha hha ahaha hah !!! That's a joke. Tuc, ... I heard this quote about Robert before "that is just genetic..." that is what I heard from someone at the vegfest when I was working the VBB table.

Get some natural lighting for your pictures. Works a lot better than a lightbulb. Yeah posing needs a bit more work. Practice in the mirror and copy what you see online that looks good to you. Look at natural people as they tend to be more obtainable vs the Pros.

Dude, if you'd know Finland better you wouldn't ask for this but errmm... There's hardly any natural light in Finland most of the year. Summer's the best time for some outdoor shots though, but most of the year it's too dark outside to take any GOOD pictures.

• 11 months later...

Starting up lifting regularly again, so this is the "before" pic for now.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/19062010193_crop.jpg

My general condition now:

Strength: Bad. I haven't lifted heavy weights for a long time so current 1 rep max's must suck ass big time.

Body fat: ok, could be lower but not an issue

Legs: really skinny since I haven't trained because of my lower back which is now in good condition. I'll start with light weights again. I don't want to share pics of my legs right now.

Upper body: looks ok I guess but a few lbs less mass than 1½ years ago.

Body suitability to breakdance: really good since I am a bit lighter. Moves feel really easy!

Welcome back to the game!

PS shipping your package on Monday....wanted to wait to get even more extras like New Vega products, which arrive at my house on Mon (tomorrow) to send to you.

Yeah Buddy!

Tuc is back in action!

• 3 years later...

I'll post this pic here as well, put it already in my training log. I am leaner than ever since I started lifting, so I finally have a decent sixpack. I have been doing a LOT of pull-ups, like hundreds per week. If I pull the measure tape tight, my waist is 26". Inhaled my chest is around 40", maybe a bit more. Not a bad ratio I think.

1459770_10151841417839221_867951430_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Another update: high carb diet, mostly raw food with some beans & tofu in addition. Not much weight, but also not that much fat. Feeling great, but I could really use more mass.

I am building a new gym to my basement so that should help with muscle building process. Building it is also hard work.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/Bodi.png

Looking super lean dude, I'm jealous. How's your training going? I started mostly raw diet a few months ago. Seems like pretty slow progress, and a little bit of weight gain (approx 8lbs over 3 months). I'd be interested to see your daily intake, and compared to your activity level.

Cheers

I don't count calories - I just eat whenever I am hungry and/or have time to eat. I eat huge amount of bananas and then often dates, figs ect. so carb intake is indeed high.

I do breakdance and then some pull-ups/chin-ups and push-ups on regular basis. Earlier I used to do ~100 chin-ups per training but now I focus on slow movement and good technique and doing small training very often. The idea is to stimulate - not annihilate.

Nice. I'm sure the breakdancing comes in handy. I eat tons of bananas and dates as well, though I am probably a bit too heavy on the peanut butter (but it's so damn good with dates!).

I don't count calories - I just eat whenever I am hungry and/or have time to eat. I eat huge amount of bananas and then often dates, figs ect. so carb intake is indeed high.

I do breakdance and then some pull-ups/chin-ups and push-ups on regular basis. Earlier I used to do ~100 chin-ups per training but now I focus on slow movement and good technique and doing small training very often. The idea is to stimulate - not annihilate.

• 11 months later...

Hay guise!

I celebrated my 10th anniversary as a vegan this spring. Been mostly occupied with dancing but this summer once again some lifting as well, since I got a really nice own gym at our workplace in the new Vegekauppa store which we opened in Turku, Finland. Also opened one in Helsinki last month. All running great, and people love them!

Anyway, the condition is now lean and well-functioning, pic talks better. Could be bigger but at least not too much fat.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/Tuukkeli.jpg