Just getting started

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

alexbanks32
Finch

Just getting started

#1 Postby alexbanks32 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

Hi all,
Been vegan for nearly a year & have dropped about 25 lbs but am ready to start getting toned & want to develop definition by the start of the fall.
I bought Robert Cheeke's book (& love it so far) but I'm trying to figure out how to get started with:
A- my caloric intake before even doing a single exercise as well as for my first week or 2 and...
B- what my training program should be. I want definition, not mass building. I also have access to a small gym at my office with some basic equipment.
My height us 5ft7. I weigh 178 lbs. I'm 39 yrs old & sit most if the day for work. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Alex

John V
Elephant

Re: Just getting started

#2 Postby John V » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Use an app to track macros and calories. 20f, 60c,20p is a good starting point. Due higher repetition sets 12-15. I’m guessing 2,500 calories is a reasonable target for your size and age. Add calories when you lift, reduce when not.
an evolving primate

AngelaKey
Finch

Re: Just getting started

#3 Postby AngelaKey » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 am

Indeed, to hit the goal toy should combine a right diet plan with a set of full-body exercises. You said that your diet is ok, so, the question is in finding your best set of exercises. Lookup here: <a href=”https://steroidssaleguide.com/the-best-daily-free-workout-apps-full-body-for-women-and-men/”</a> and choose the app you like the best. You can do your exercises whenever you want.
If you have an access to a gym, thus it is perfect for you to start building your body shape!
Keep on and good luck

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”