What Are The Staples Of Your Diet?

What are the staples of your diet? What are the foods that you base your nutrition proram around? Or the foods that you eat most fequently?

For years I based most of my diet around soy protein including soy hot dogs, soymilk, soy deli slices, boca burgers, you name it; I was a soy boy. I also ate about 5-7 Clif bars a day! I also went in and out of phases of eating lots of pasta.

When I worked on cruise ships, for months my meals were usually rice, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, broccoli, peanut butter, and lots of fruits. I ate quite a few Clif and Odwalla bars too.

Recently I started eating more raw foods and cutting down on the soy protein just to eat a more balanced diet. I still eat various forms of tofu, but I try to eat a wider variety. I've also dramatically increased my fruit intake and my vegetable intake has gone up too.

So my list as foods that I live off of and that I enjoy most at the current time are:

Tofu

Potatoes

Broccoli

Beans

Apples

Oranges

Bananas

Clif Bars

Odwalla bars

Almonds

Peanuts

Peanut butter

Pasta

Strawberries

Fruit Juice

Lettuce

Cabbage

Carrots

Oatmeal

If I had to choose the top 5 foods that I eat the MOST, they would be:

Tofu

Bananas

Apples

Oatmeal

Potatoes

If I had to list my FAVORITE foods the top five would look something like this:

1. Potatoes

2. Oranges

3. Tofu

4. Apples

5. Broccoli

Of course I eat a lot more than the foods listed above, these are just the staples of my diet at this point.

So how about the rest of you........what do you eat the most and base your diet around?

Oatmeal, Bananas, oranges, apples, chickpeas, raw almonds, Peanut butter, brown rice, black beans, hummus, pita bread, raw veggies, salsa, rice protein, dry mix veggie burgers, sweet potatoes, rice milk. I eat tempeh occasionally. I'm sure I could go on and on of everything I eat. My favorite junk foods are chic-o-sticks, dark chocolate, and low fat tofutti. I like clif bars and odwalla bars as well but I dont always buy them. I'm still in the market for a vegan boyfriend who can cook.

My favorites are: Bananas (especially pre work-out), Luna Bars (occasionally), Broccoli, Smart Dogs, Lots of mixed greens (I love salads) with a non-fat vinegrette dressing, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, potatoes, baby carrots, black beans, coffee (I know not so nutritious).

My favorites are: Bananas (especially pre work-out), Luna Bars (occasionally), Broccoli, Smart Dogs, Lots of mixed greens (I love salads) with a non-fat vinegrette dressing, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, potatoes, baby carrots, black beans, coffee (I know not so nutritious).

Caffeine is really healthy if taken in certain doses and aids in fat burning. One of the reason it is used in thermogenics (xenadrine, hydroxycut, etc)

Tell me about it, I was the world's largest consumer of Yves Veggie Cusine products in 2003. I spent sooooo much money on their veggie slices and hot dogs and all that stuff.

Now, not quite as much but around $5-$10 a day just on that stuff! I'm moving back over to more peanut butter and beans and broccoli and things like that. They are much cheaper!

I am experimenting with different foods.

For instance I bought cocoa nibs from www.rawfood.com. I'm going to have to find a strategy to eat them, they suck.

I hate oatmeal.

I eat a lot of apples and bananas, I use soy milk, am going to add hemp protein to it as soon as I can experiment and see how it affects my body (I was in an auto accident some years back. Suffice it to say, I need to experiment with foods around the house, just to see what happens. Hate to be in public after eating a food gone bad...).

Peanut butter, almond butter, in season watermelon, Boca Burgers, homemade spaghetti sauce and 1/2 carb Goldn Grain pastas. I eat salads, almonds, pistachios, etc.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order:

Oats ( with soymilk as cereal for breakfast, with water and hetaed as porridge for supper )

White bread

Avocados

Bananas

Apples

Oranges

Kiwi Fruit

Figs

Dates

Prunes

Pumpkin Seeds

Sunflower Seeds

Strawberries