Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:24 am 
Elephant

Wow, thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us, big boy!
I'm only halway through your first post yet :shock: But so far i very much agree!

Thanks again,
Daywalker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:43 am 
Elephant

Thanks DW, :lol: I told you it was long :lol: I hope it helps and I don't mean to sound preachy or put anybody off :wink: I can only share my personal opinion and experience with you and I have no right to speak for others, I'm sure the other raw vegans/ex-raw vegans will probably dissagree but hey! that's cool :lol: all in al I belive that raw veganism/fruitarianism/breatharianism is totally possible but first you got to unwrong all the wrongs then be willing to start a new life doing new things or do the old things in different ways! DW check out this site It's a raw vegan bodybuilding site the guy is a really nice guy and he's 48 and has a bunch of photo's of himself on his site, I think you will find it interesting! my opinion is that he looks the same size as an average person without muscles he's just ripped and it's really not hard at all to be ripped on a raw diet, but then that's just me! I like to see more meat :twisted: if your going to mix it with cooked fooders! and I now from experience that it taskes no work at all to look in shape on a raw diet just look at my photo of me when I was a fruitarian and I hardly worked out!!! I feel that he should be much bigger for all the training he's doing! but again that's just my opinion! he's a great guy and is willing to share advice and info! hope you check it out!

www.charliesgym.info

By the way I love your hulk avatar :lol: that's how I feel the day before a workout! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, the raw nuts I get are soft, not crunchy. I didn't know that about coconuts though! Thanks for the link I will read up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:21 pm 
Elephant

Great!!! were they expensive??? yeah those coconuts broke my heart coz it showed how shady stores are! why on earth would you sell old produce to an unsuspecting public? :evil: it was like when I found out that they use chemicals to stop raw meat from smelly off! boy don't get me started :evil: then I found out that most fruits especially imported fruits are irradiated,boiled,steamed of hot water treated to kill bugs,etc and so they have a longer shelf life in the stores and that some oranges are dyed...orange so they look more appealing and then most stores will store fruits in freezers/fridges which destroys more vitality/nutrients! and now they are trying to do the same to organic produce! OOOhh boy!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:43 pm 
Stegosaurus

Bigbwii wrote:
which destroys more vitality/nutrients! and now they are trying to do the same to organic produce! OOOhh boy!!! :cry:

:shock: :evil: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 pm 
Rabbit

Wow Fruitarian for 10 years, It’s no surprise that you have plenty to say about the process. I am starting on my second year at 100% raw-vegan, and like you explained my endurance is up yet my strength has decreased some. Nevertheless, I would say my overall sense of well being and the charged effect I get from eating food while my body is in an alkaline state keeps me going with it. Do you have any recommendations as to viable alternatives for protein source? I can only endure so many sprouted legumes, and I find the constant ingestion of nuts to be counterintuitive, especially considering the premise that we ought to be easy on our digestive systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:56 pm 
Elephant

Hey RVT, It's good to hear that your 2nd year 100% that's great :lol: , I never bothered about protien,calories and that kind of stuff when I was Fruitarian because I found it impossible to look at a fruit and be able to tell what it's nutritional content was :cry: I know it sounds depressing but there are so many things that contribute to the deteriation of the fruits/veg we eat! I never ate nuts or seeds because it just didn't feel right! I know what you mean about the sense of well being and I do miss that feeling :wink: but hey if you really want some protien try bananas,brockley see how you go! but when I tried it I really didn't tell any difference infact I found that the less I ate the more vitality I had! as you probably know the longer you stay raw the less you eat! this worked great for exercises like hiking etc. Anyway keep on keeping on! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:02 am 
Manatee

Richard wrote:
Thanks for the info. I was raw-vegan for a time and I should try to be more raw than I am now. I would like to drink soy milk or take calcium tablets. Are those things that unhealthy? If so, where can I get my 100% RDA of calcium without either of those? I hear that nuts have some calcium

Richard,

I am always worried about this question. When people start to try a new diet they are always wondering how they can get their RDA of vitamins, calcium... The question should be do we get get our 100% RDA with our 'normal' cooked diet? My opinion is that you get as much as you need if you eat as natural (what ever that is) as possible and I do believe that the 100% RDA is bullshit. Where is the RDA based on? On a smoking, meat eating, non-sporting alcoholic? Well, in that case my need of vitamins and other stuff is much lower, because I am living healthy anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:05 pm 
Elephant

I agree Nobbi, you'd be surprised at how little nutrients we really do need even when eating substandard fruits also in my opinion "natural" does not exist anymore! :cry: pollution has touched every thing! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

nobbi wrote:
Richard,

I am always worried about this question. When people start to try a new diet they are always wondering how they can get their RDA of vitamins, calcium... The question should be do we get get our 100% RDA with our 'normal' cooked diet? My opinion is that you get as much as you need if you eat as natural (what ever that is) as possible and I do believe that the 100% RDA is bullshit. Where is the RDA based on? On a smoking, meat eating, non-sporting alcoholic? Well, in that case my need of vitamins and other stuff is much lower, because I am living healthy anyway.

Well yeah, you can forget about the standard RDAs. That's irrelevent. What I mean is, where does one get calcium from on a raw diet, what are the sources without soy milk and without calcium tablets and vitamin tablets? Regardless of how much you think you need, it must be accepted that you need a certain amount, whatever that may be, so where can I get it from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:36 pm 
Elephant

Calcium:
Dark leafy green veggies. Spinach, collard greens, kale etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

spinachhhh i like spinach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:45 pm 
Elephant

Im thinking about cutting out cooked meals, and just eating more fruits and nuts.

my diet would be something like:

bag of bagels
lots of bananas
walnuts, almonds, soynuts, peanuts
200g hemp protein (vega)
apple
tomato
blueberries & strawberries

eventually Id like to try to go more raw. but right now, its more like "what can I eat while on the go"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:38 pm 
Elephant

Hi Topher, hey I'm no expert and I can't tell you you what to do but be mindfull nuts and bagels are just going to block you up and take a while to digest, loads of bananas are going to digest too quickly and ferment but I'm sure you know what works for you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 pm 
Elephant

Bigbwii wrote:
Hi Topher, hey I'm no expert and I can't tell you you what to do but be mindfull nuts and bagels are just going to block you up and take a while to digest, loads of bananas are going to digest too quickly and ferment but I'm sure you know what works for you :wink:

yep. bagels all day long are great for me for bulking up. and bananas 30min before and after lifting give me awesome energy.