toning and bulking up

brit

I am what you might call skinny fat, I am looking for some help with a workout that will tone me up, build up my legs and shoulders.

I am 5ft10 and weigh 135lbs.

Oh, I would love to have 6 pack abs.

Any advice you can give me would be great.

Thanks.

Karen

Hi Karen.

- Do you go to a gym or train at home?

- How often do you want to work out per week?

- Do you have set days for work out?

In general, begin easy and work up slowly. Too much in the beginning can spoil your motivation, your progress and even damage your joints (if you do far too much OR wrong exercises).

I'd recommend a whole body workout that you can do 2-4 times per week, whenever you find the time. Including basic compound exercises, like squats, push ups, rows etc.

For abs, i personally had the best results when training them everyday. Crunches are the best exercise by far.

Good luck,

Daywalker

Hi Karen!

Skinny fat -- I like that term. I was skinny fat for many many years, then I got fit & was in great shape, then I lost it all & got fat fat.

Now I'm back on the path to get fit again.

I've already gotten some good suggestions & made some progress since visiting this site. I'm sure you'll find it helpful too!

Welcome!

I go to the gym.

I am planning on working out 3 to 4 times a week.

I am only interested in weights.

I have no intention of doing any cardio.(I don;t think it helps me)

I want to tone up and add some bulk to my legs and arms, I am hoping for great abs.

Karen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I go to the gym

I am planning on working out 3 to 4 times a week.

I am only interested in weights.

I have no intention of doing any cardio.(I don;t think it helps me)

I want to tone up and add some bulk to my legs and arms, I am hoping for great abs.

Karen

The key to bulking is weights, heavy and lower reps. So just stack those weights on. It is the only way to do it.

Cardio is an important aspect of adding muscle and it is important for heart health if nothing else. Also need it for the bones, being female.

Great Abs come from not only ab work outs, lower body fat...and # 1 factor...genetics !!