vegan glucosamine is rad

Hero

• 2 weeks later...

I like Vegan Joint Supreme as well. I open up two capsules and put the insides in my morning smoothie.

I also like Deva's "Vegan Glucosamine MSM and CMO" but not as muc because it's in tablet form (I just ran out of VJS, so I'll be using up my Deva stuff). I get that one either from www.veganessentials.com (they have some great supplements, and super customer service!) or www.veganstore.com ---don't remember which off-hand).

People are always touting the benefits of glucosamine and chondroitin as a combo, but I've never seen a vegan chondroitin. I'm hoping that the extras in VJS (like hyaluronic acid, avocado/soy unsaponifiables (?) and MSM will make up for it. Just as the MSM and CMO in the Deva product might. Any thoughts on that?

Do you think this would help with a dislocated shoulder as well? I get a lot of 'clicks' in my joints sometimes too.

"Sport causes high rates of wear & tear on connective tissue cartlidge, tendons and ligaments. By contrast the body's speed of repair is only average in the very young and it declines with age. Joint and connective tissue can easily be damaged faster than it can be repaired, which ultimatley leads to injury."

"If the body has a ready supply of the building blocks it needs to repair damaged joints then the healing process my be accelerated."

so yes, I believe it could help. but dont expect it to be a miracle pill and the next day youre instantly better. it just helpes speed up recovery time by a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...

This info was just what I was looking for......

But, anyone know of or hear about the benefits of chondroiton/glucosamine with flax seed oil. I think I read somewhere that the flax seed oil was also good. Yes, no?

My problem is rotator cuff pain in my shoulders. I need to be really careful because the shoulders are involved in almost everything. I want to be really careful this time around.

I'm taking a liquid form of glu/chon. A chinese herbalist told me it's good to take this supplement before working out because the movements/action actually "pumps" the stuff into your joint rather than just moving in on its own during the rest of the day.

I'd be interested in any comments.......thanks

But, anyone know of or hear about the benefits of chondroiton/glucosamine with flax seed oil. I think I read somewhere that the flax seed oil was also good. Yes, no?

Flax has anti-inflammatory properties that make it good for joint health. I use a supplement called "mega flax joint" that is a combo of flax meal, vegan glucosamine, and some other ingredients (you can check it out at www.veganessentials.com ). Another good anti-inflammatory is Mangosteen . And MSM is also good for joint health.