Raw protein sources

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Tacitus
Rabbit

Raw protein sources

#1 Postby Tacitus » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:42 am

I was wondering what those of you here that adhear to a raw diet use as good sources of protein? If sprouts, do you know where I can find some kind of nutrient fact sheets, so I can monitor my protein amounts? Thanks

Odidnetne
Stegosaurus

#2 Postby Odidnetne » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:55 pm

I eat lots of raw peanuts, raw broccoli, sunflower seeds and other types of nuts & seeds. A lot of them have nutritional facts, so you can monitor it like that, but look at the protein content of everything you eat, all fruits & vegetables do have (even minimal) protein.

Ed

Kathryn
Elephant

#3 Postby Kathryn » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:24 am

Hemp protein powder is raw.

"Thor's Raw Power" is a new protein powder that contains all raw ingredients: brazil nut protein powder, hemp, maca and goji berry. You can get it at www.rawpower.com or www.superfoods.com or www.veganessentials.com .

Hero
Elephant

#4 Postby Hero » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 pm

Kathryn wrote:Hemp protein powder is raw.

"Thor's Raw Power" is a new protein powder that contains all raw ingredients: brazil nut protein powder, hemp, maca and goji berry. You can get it at www.rawpower.com or www.superfoods.com or www.veganessentials.com .

how many grams of protein per serving? and how many servings in a $30 container?

Kathryn
Elephant

#5 Postby Kathryn » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:36 pm

Hero wrote:how many grams of protein per serving? and how many servings in a $30 container?

The " Raw Power" powder has 16 servings per container, at 11 gm. of protein per serving (not a lot, IMO).

Hemp protein powder (which sells for $15.95 at my local health food store) has 15 servings per container (in the "Manitoba Harvest" brand), and 15 gm. of protein per serving.

flanders77
Elephant

#6 Postby flanders77 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:46 am

Just don`t worry about protein. The whole debate is just waste of time. If you eat a great variaty of vegan UNPROCESSED food it is just not possible to get to little protein. When you get informed how the whole "high-quality-protein-debate" started (2 scientist, some rats and egg protein :wink: ) about 100 years or so ago, you will recognise that wasting your time with thinking about it is rather silly... :wink:
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”