I'm sorry i have no input on raw food dieting. To me, raw food IS diet
I lose weight as long as i eat raw (both fat and muscle), no matter how much i eat.
My main question is what to use for my protein sources and is it possible to get enough without using many supplements?
Heather, i used the same traditional diet in my first competitions.
My approach to a contest diet the vegan way is quite different:
- I eat far less protein. I think for natural athletes the amount protein is not that high as usually believed. My protein sources are mainly soy products (tofu, soy milk, TVP, "meat" and "sausages"), wheat protein products and nuts. Plus the protein that is in whole grains and legumes. Altogether i get between 6 and 10 gram of protein per 10lbs of bodyweight. I didn't use supplements, but only because they're exepnsive. I think a protein powder would be very convenient sometimes.
- I create the caloric deficit by working out more, rather than eating less. I give the muscle a growth stimulus every other day following HST principles.
The rest as usual:
- I eat carbs in the morning and after workout, no carbs in the evening.
- Carb cutoff means in the evening it's only salad, nuts or soy.
- I don't count fats, but try to keep them moderate.
- small meals, many meals, water and green tea, no refined carbs and sugars, etc.