L-Carnitine

VegHead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've seen L-Carnitine around and even took it once from a gym that sells "shots" of various supplements around... It seemed pretty nifty but I only used it once. I was just sort of curious if you guys are still using this and if it's produced any noteworthy effects.

I am sorry, I have been away for awhile.

Anyway, I find that L-Carnitine helps boost my energy levels You are suppose to consume it on an empty stomach. Sometimes, I take a tablespoon in the morning instead of having a cup of joe. Placebo effect ? Maybe, but I am always skeptical with any product so I did not have any great expectations. I would say give a try if you have some extra money.

Oh yeah, and it really does taste like cough syrup.

• 2 months later...

L-Carnitine is an amino acid that is a "fat-burner." It works by recruiting fat (instead of the usual glucose) into the mitochondria to be used for ATP production. I've been taking it for a couple of months now, and i do get an energy boost from it.

My FAVORITE supplement is Arginine-Ornithine... wow, this stuff works wonders! It's a vaso-dilator and strength increaser.... it's worth the dough!

L-Carnitine is an amino acid that is a "fat-burner." It works by recruiting fat (instead of the usual glucose) into the mitochondria to be used for ATP production. I've been taking it for a couple of months now, and i do get an energy boost from it.

My FAVORITE supplement is Arginine-Ornithine... wow, this stuff works wonders! It's a vaso-dilator and strength increaser.... it's worth the dough!

ornithine works with arginine.... u could take arginine alone, but its effects are multiplied when taken in conjunction with ornithine.

Any natural sources for these items?