Soy free protein powders

I've used both of these.

Naturade Veg Protein Booster is vegan and soy free. The amino acids are complimented and balanced to be a complete, high quality protein. It even has vegan centric supplements in it:

http://www.naturade.com/Naturade-SOY-FREE-VEG-Natural-16-oz-p81.html

Another good alternative is protein powder extracted/made from brown rice. Brown rice is hypoallergenic. Protein from brown rice will also have the amino acid strengths of grain proteins. Since most of the protein in a vegan diet is from legume protein, brown rice protein powders will balance out the protein vegans consume from the food. They will get more total protein as well as more of their protein complimented ( made complete )

Edited by beforewisdom

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on not locking this. I appreciate reading other's opinions. I don't know why we would need a single sticky that singles out only one non-soy powder.

I haven't tried the naturade stuff, but the Vitamin Shoppe version is awful. The gemma and rice proteins from TP are good, but you still need a lot of other things (fruit, etc.) added in to make it palatable.

• 1 month later...

I used to take protein shakes made from soy protein powders but when I realized I'm getting loads of soy protein from my food already, I moved to rice- and pea-proteins. The latter can be ordered from bulkpowders.co.uk and I can really recommend it, once you get over its taste (but that applies to practically all protein powders, doesn't it?).

I agree cbob3000, pea is good.I actually like the taste, while my family have tried it & think it tastes horrible!

lol

I get mine from myprotein.co.uk, the stuff you are getting looks to cheaper by £4.00 a kilo, which is quite alot.I may try it.

Hey Everyone,

I just recently started using the Gemma Pea Protein from True-Protein.com, and I was wondering what percentages/mixes other people like. I was thinking I would want to mix Pea and Hemp (which I used to use, but is expensive on its own). I'd be into mixing Pea, Hemp and Rice. Does anyone have a mix they like?

Also, which flavors/sweetening do you guys add? (if any)

• 2 weeks later...

well done endcruelty! I've taken a lot of this stuff in my time and it was never soy free. This is why the sticky should not be locked.

A lot of "veg" protein is pretty much just soy, this certainly demonstrates the need to check labels. I'm a trueprotein consumer now. Good products.

it's soy free.

are you sure? just like the author of this thread thought his powder was soy free ... hehe

i love those kinds of protein containers, they're so hardcore but sadly search results for canada come up empty

According to Bodybuilding.com

NitroFusion Highlights

Highest BCAA’s and L-Glutamine Science Allows

Amino Acid Profile Similar to Mothers Milk

100% Natural, No Artificial Colors or Sweeteners

Contains No Animal, Dairy, Wheat or Soy Protein

Hypoallergenic, Vegan Certified

Lactose Free (zero digestion problems)

Instantized for Easy Mixing

Non GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)

Ingredients

NitroFusion Patent Pending Proprietary Blend Multi Source Protein (Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, And Artichoke Protein), Fructose, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Stevia, And Bromelain.

it's soy free.

are you sure? just like the author of this thread thought his powder was soy free ... hehe

i love those kinds of protein containers, they're so hardcore but sadly search results for canada come up empty

According to Bodybuilding.com

NitroFusion Highlights

Highest BCAA’s and L-Glutamine Science Allows

Amino Acid Profile Similar to Mothers Milk

100% Natural, No Artificial Colors or Sweeteners

Contains No Animal, Dairy, Wheat or Soy Protein

Hypoallergenic, Vegan Certified

Lactose Free (zero digestion problems)

Instantized for Easy Mixing

Non GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)

Ingredients

NitroFusion Patent Pending Proprietary Blend Multi Source Protein (Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, And Artichoke Protein), Fructose, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Stevia, And Bromelain.

hahaha i know i already read that, i was just messin with you

I'm a really big fan of the NitroFusion brand. It has 25g of protein (Pea, Brown Rice, & Artichoke), it's good to mix with water or almond milk, and it's soy free. I already tried the Vanilla flavor. I'm going for the Mocha next.

I swear by that protein, although I am looking forward to trying the SunWarrior Rice protein and getting my hands on some hemp powder (not easy to find in Australia).

Soyfreewarrior, I found mocha to be my least favourite, preferred van. choc. and berry personally

I'm a really big fan of the NitroFusion brand. It has 25g of protein (Pea, Brown Rice, & Artichoke), it's good to mix with water or almond milk, and it's soy free. I already tried the Vanilla flavor. I'm going for the Mocha next.

I swear by that protein, although I am looking forward to trying the SunWarrior Rice protein and getting my hands on some hemp powder (not easy to find in Australia).

Soyfreewarrior, I found mocha to be my least favourite, preferred van. choc. and berry personally

I just tried the Mocha and it's not too bad, in my humble opinion. It's somewhat similar in taste to the Vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

This is from Carl at www.trueprotein.com.

"none of the flavor systems we currently offer contain any animal byproducts, so you should be safe to use any of those materials! Thanks again and have a great week, -Carl"

I just wanted to put that out there. This site is pretty awesome in that you can get exactly the type of protein you are looking for (except no raw/organic options) and the prices are really good. I have so far only ordered straight gemma pea protein isolate and have mixed it with my previously purchased brown rice protein and soy protein. I am still in the process of lowering my soy intake. I haven't tried any of the flavors yet, but they have a forum in which people comment on the flavors. They have an Orange Creamsicle flavor I'd like to try.

Hey Joel,

I'm located in australia also i just had a quick question.

Where do you buy your nitro-fusion from?

I bought some from bodybuilding.com not long ago and the service was great but i'm keen on trying to find it for less than what i paid ($AU110 ppd).

Cheers mate.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm for Nitro-Fusion it's great. I like the chocolate. It goes great mixed with cold coffee and rice milk. Need my morning wake up. Or you can do 1 scoop Nitro Fusion, 1 scoop Vega berry flavored, a banana, some frozen blueberries, and ice cubes. Yum.