Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:27 pm 
Manatee

I just remembered, when I buy dried apricots or raisons, I normally buy organic ones. Could they be certified organic if they have sulfur on them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:47 pm 
Elephant

My health food store sells organic dried fruit that they package themselves. They have no preservatives and therefore a very limited shelf life.

The standard dried fruit from the "health section" of my normal grocery store is full of chemicals, yuck! When in doubt ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:53 pm 
Elephant

wow! i didnt realise that i had a whole thread virtually devoted to how much i eat! :shock:

im honoured!

richard, dude, no! :shock:

but you are right though - i eat a fair amount, even though i eat less now than i used to (i dont move as much). a portion of nuts for me is 8oz, a portion of dried fruit the same, a smoothie is usually 1litre (something like 40 fluid oz in crazy money) with at least 20-30g rapeseed oil added for good measure.
i can eat 8 bananas in 15minutes. i totally addicted to fruit - in summer i eat the equivilent of 10-15 portion of fruit a day :D

ive also recently taken to eating peas as a meal. 1kilo of them. it takes me about an hour to eat, and i douse it with 20g of olive oil, but i do it :D

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:07 am 
Elephant

We were just using your fist as a portion size analogy, because you are an almost 7 feet tall male and presumably your fists are proportionate to that, ergo you also need bigger portions than a 5'8" female with proportionate fist size. And you are aiming for mass, not tone - ergo many, many more calories. :roll:

That peas and olive oil idea is great and probably much tastier than pea protein (?) If you're interested in getting a complete amino acid meal, maybe add some rice or seeds with the peas ?

As for rapeseed oil, I've heard of it but never seen it in supermarkets. Do you have to go to a health food store to get your rapeseed oil ?

I would love to be able to eat 8 oz. of nuts in one sitting (almonds, walnuts), but ... well then I'd probably look like my avatar on vegan-forum. I like bananas too, but don't think I could handle having 8 bananas at one sitting (let alone 15 minutes). You could have a bright future in eating contests. :P (jk)

Thanks for the dried fruit with sulphur information -- I will seriously have to reconsider having any dried fruit now (at least from the supermarket).

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash